Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with this kit? i'm seriously thinking about getting this right now for $3750.. i have an '01 e-shift, do the autos have that same woooosh sound when gears change?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
that woooosh sound u described will only happen when u suddenly let go of the gas pedal. on manual, you'll hear that more often b/c u let go f the gas each time u shift.
to answer your question: yes

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the "whoosh" sounds is created by a BOV, almost the same as your user name, you should be able to remember that, that way, correct?

hov said:
anyone with this kit? i'm seriously thinking about getting this right now for $3750.. i have an '01 e-shift, do the autos have that same woooosh sound when gears change?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Is that the woosh, or is it the spooling of the turbo. The jet sound is what I think of when we say woosh. Hmm, this is complex huh. :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Any questions you have should be directed to lil' IS 300 via PM. He knows everything there is to know about everything.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
DJPoop said:
Any questions you have should be directed to lil' IS 300 via PM. He knows everything there is to know about everything.
:lol: :lol: , Is that why he had trouble installing front clear sidemarkers :crazy:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
hmm is it the wooosh of the BOV or the racegate?

·
Registered
876 Posts
WiLz said:
where can u get tje stage 1 for $3750? and how much hp is it?
Try using the search. All the info is in the forum just waiting to be read. Here is the link for the SRT dyno charts and prices. LINK

As for the $3750.00, SRT'S website SWIFTRACING.COM had an add at the bottom in your status bar that advertised the first 20 stage I orders were at that price!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
thanks for the reply. i've tried using the search, but it always comes up with so many bs threads that i can't find the exact info i wanted.
some more quick ques that i hope someone can answer:
1. besides the ~$4000 for the turbo itself, what other spendings are there?
2. approx how much is the install?
3. i guess just overall, how much money shud i have ready to have EVERYTHING done (including the ~$4000 for the turbo)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
gavron1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing