Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the last one got locked because it got way off-topic, I just wanted to start this little thread to let everybody know that I just got off the phone with Mo and was told that the kit shipped today. He apologized for the one-day delay and told me that the kit should be here by around monday.

I'll let everybody know when the kits installed. I'll have dyno sheets, pictures and lots of MPEG's. If everything is tuned by Oct. 4th and 5th i'll be going down to englishtown raceway park to get a few runs in. I'll make sure to get a video of the times I get. It'll be my first time at the track so it'll be interesting...

Thanks everyone and thanks to Mo who stayed civil despite my constant bitching :wink:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Congrats Alex, and good luck....now the real fun begins SOON....why would it take so long to ship from MD to NY? maybe u will get it by friday, ya think?

keep me posted, i'll meet up with you anytime you want at etown....

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
congrats Alex, hope to see it up and running soon. Promise me you will take me for a ride in it :lol: . Good luck with installation, hopefully it will go smoother than it has been.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Glad to hear it mang...

VaaROOOOMMMMMM---PISHHHHHH!
:D

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tsopranoMB - We def. gotta meet up at e-town. If I'm ready to run at that event oct 4th and 5th i'm going. GraphiteSportDesign - You know i'm in westchester. Come down anytime and i'll take you for a spin.

Right now i'm kind of torn as to who is going to be installing it. Obviously i'm not going to be doing it myself because i'm no mechanic. I have been bringing my car to a shop in Stamford that has given me nothing but a goddamn headache with their overcharging. Not to mention, their prices don't even match the quality of their work...in fact, it sucks.

I've been looking at Pruven Performance in Milford, CT. They seem to have awesome facilities and looks very nice. Never actualy been there but I've seen their website at it looks top notch. Not to mention, they've been in a few magazines because they have the fastest Evo 8 out there. Pretty cool 8)

I'm going to be calling them to see if I can work out a price.

·
Registered
721 Posts
A little to late....BUT....You are about 4-5 hours from SRT.......why the hell would you not drive down to SRT and take a rental back up and return to pick it up...avoiding any problems with the installation and not having to wait for the shipping???

OH ya have fun with the Turbo....... :D

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GOTTURBO said:
A little to late....BUT....You are about 4-5 hours from SRT.......why the hell would you not drive down to SRT and take a rental back up and return to pick it up...avoiding any problems with the installation and not having to wait for the shipping???

Well...too late now. I was actually thinking about doing that before...but I thought it would be easier to install here. Having to drive down and have a friend follow me, drop off car, drive all the way back. Wait a week or however long it takes, get friend to drive down again, pick up car, boost my way back to NY. Sounds fun, but 16 hours of driving back and forth isn't the most convenient way of getting the turbo. :wink:

I just got off the phone with pruven performance and they have a lot of policies that I don't like. They won't even give me a estimate as to how much it'll cost and they say they don't have any experience with the IS. Plus, if they don't "agree" with some things with the aftermarket turbo kit, they will not want to install it. Screw that...looks like i'll have to find a shop with some balls that'll give me a estimate. Looks like i'll be back to Stamford...

·
13,978 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
GOTTURBO said:

Well...too late now. I was actually thinking about doing that before...but I thought it would be easier to install here. Having to drive down and have a friend follow me, drop off car, drive all the way back. Wait a week or however long it takes, get friend to drive down again, pick up car, boost my way back to NY. Sounds fun, but 16 hours of driving back and forth isn't the most convenient way of getting the turbo. :wink:
oh brother. it doesn't take 16 hours to get back and forth from NY!

you should just go to SRT...it'll be worth it.

the ride is nothing like driving from boston back down to MD!

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oneeyejack said:
lil' IS 300 said:
GOTTURBO said:

oh brother. it doesn't take 16 hours to get back and forth from NY!

you should just go to SRT...it'll be worth it.

the ride is nothing like driving from boston back down to MD!
I didn't say one trip was 16 hours. I go down once to drop off car = 4 hours. I return home = 4 hours. I go back to SRT when it's installed = 4 hours. I drive car back to NY = 4 hours. 4x4 = 16 :crazy:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blueIS said:
Paisley automotive in NY???

oh wait, wtf happend to Paisley automotive and AccordR??????
Their website has been down for a year now and I have no idea if they're still installing stuff. If they are, then they're probably busy with their racing season as usual...

I called SPI and they could install everything with all the tuning, but couldn't do it until the end of this month because they're prepping their project car for NOPI. So I'm still looking for a shop. I'm gonna call Ultima Performance tomorrow....I swear i've called 4 places today...argh..

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If you wanted to just install the kit w/ the piggyback to break it in, then you could install it Alex. Its not that hard. Just some drilling. Thats the hardest part. Even doublins said that you could install the Stage 1 in one day. But make it 2 maybe 3 if you took your time with the Stage 2. But I would make sure the person you choose has worked on a is300 or at least a 2JZ-GTE or GE engine before.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Aubie83 said:
If you wanted to just install the kit w/ the piggyback to break it in, then you could install it Alex. Its not that hard. Just some drilling. Thats the hardest part. Even doublins said that you could install the Stage 1 in one day. But make it 2 maybe 3 if you took your time with the Stage 2. But I would make sure the person you choose has worked on a is300 or at least a 2JZ-GTE or GE engine before.
It's more than "just some drilling." If you have never installed injectors before or don't have the know-how to be able to get the stock exhaust manifold out, you definitely should not be trying to "slap this together" by yourself. Unless you have genuinely worked on cars before, and I mean more than just installing an exhaust or intake, you should NOT be trying to install a turbo yourself. There is just too great a risk involved if you do something wrong, and what happens if you get stuck? Then you have to pay to have your car TOWED to a shop and they will rip you off, because they will know you are in a jam. Just have a professional do it, IMO.

-Chris

·
Registered
487 Posts

go to nj there are many stores there that can slap that babdboy on in a sec try to ask mr mark if he has any he knows of.... every time i go down the shore i see tones of them and they work on s4 and is300 all the time .... :chill:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
doublins said:
Aubie83 said:
It's more than "just some drilling." If you have never installed injectors before or don't have the know-how to be able to get the stock exhaust manifold out, you definitely should not be trying to "slap this together" by yourself. Unless you have genuinely worked on cars before, and I mean more than just installing an exhaust or intake, you should NOT be trying to install a turbo yourself. There is just too great a risk involved if you do something wrong, and what happens if you get stuck? Then you have to pay to have your car TOWED to a shop and they will rip you off, because they will know you are in a jam. Just have a professional do it, IMO.

-Chris
I've never even installed an intake before. I'm mechanically challenged with this stuff... If any New Yorkers or CT people know of a good shop please PM me or let me know here. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
doublins said:
Aubie83 said:

-Chris
Well, maybe my post was taken as a understatement. Any person in my opinion that is halfway mechanically inclined could install this kit. But again, thats just my opinion. I have my own mechanic that install my shit, so I have no worries.

Alex, try paisley. Its worth a shot. They could do that shit good. :wink:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
isn't Bullish up in northern NJ? If you are in westchester, just skip over to them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts