Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my turbo kit install and getting the Haltec F10X base map clean up a little bit to do normal drive to and from work, I invested in an OBD-II scanner to check up on the codes being thrown out by the stock ECU.

Here is the way it happen:

At first I only get these codes doing daily drive to and from work(hardly or little boosting. Boost controller set 6-7 psi )

Innitial spark plugs used were (NGK BKR7EIX-11) gap at .28-.29. , I got these codes after turbo install:

P0300-multiple cylinder misfire
p0304-misfire in cylinder 4
p0305-misfire in cylinder 5
p0306-misfire in cylinder 6
p01346-manufacture control ignition system or misfire
P0172-System Too Rich - Bank No. 1.
p0175-system Too Rich - bank No. 2.

Went to get tune at Dyno Comp in Scottsdale, AZ
to get the Haltech F10X base map clean up.

Car ran a lot better after tunning. Was told to come back for them to clean up the throttle response area of the map. So I begin normal daily commute to and from work

two weeks later: car still runs fine then

Last night on my way home from work, ran into a couple of A**ss in a Mustang GT , I decided to gun it after the fact that I had change out new spark plugs that morning ( NGK BKR7EIX, Part# 2667 gap at .28) went home and check OBD-II and found additional new codes along with the old ones:

addtional new codes are:
p0130- sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1
p0133- CKT slow respond bank 1 sensor 1
p0150-sensor circuit malfunction bank 2 sensor 1
p0153-CKT slow respond bank 2 sensor 1

I need some explaination and help in resolving these codes.

Other than these codes, my car seem to run fine. BTW I kick the GT A++ss three times before he calls it quit.
Thanks

·
2,033 Posts
have you tried to contact MO at SRT sure he would know what the codes were and what might be causing them. Think that would be a good place to start.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I think you need to find out your AF ratios.

The f10x does not touch timing so your missfire and ignition system error codes are real.
Did you reset your battery or clear the codes after you changed your plugs? (are all these codes new or could some of them be due to fouled plugs)

If you're consistently running rich all the time you could have messed up your primary 02 sensors, causing your sensor 1 malfunctions.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
did you fry your o2 sensors already? if i could take a look at the o2 sensors and wideband radings that would help alot.

your initial CEL codes after turbo install is expected.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Bob, I never had CEL codes. Not rich/lean, nor missfire. Something else is going on.
The f10x doesn't touch ignition.

·
Registered
983 Posts
No offence Sophie... but I always thought you were a girl. :) You cant blame me.. its your name and picture.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
HomieDntPlayThat said:
No offence Sophie... but I always thought you were a girl. :) You cant blame me.. its your name and picture.
I thought you were bald down the center of your head

1 - 8 of 8 Posts