Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to kno which tuner should I go with if im gonna turbo the is300, my thoughts right now is gettin a stg 2. Which tuner do you think offers the safest,reliable and most powerful stg 2 turbo kit out there?

Thx Alot

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Safe , Reliable, And Powerful...Sorry and I think many will agree....Toyomoto is near the top for #1 places to go for that...Mad props to SRT....but there lower stage kits...just dont seem to be that great.....
-Matt

·
Registered
28,721 Posts
IS300Fan55 said:
I wanted to kno which tuner should I go with if im gonna turbo the is300, my thoughts right now is gettin a stg 2. Which tuner do you think offers the safest,reliable and most powerful stg 2 turbo kit out there?

Thx Alot
My advice would be to get a 1/2 stage from each.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
IS300Fan55 said:
can anyone list the full list or parts/extras in the Toyomoto STG 2 kit?

Thx for the replies so far.
http://www.toyomoto.com/is300.htm

do a search on the site here dude....this has been discussed numerous times!

damn...this should be locked before it turns into another pissing contest...

:roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do kno that the Toyomoto STG 2 Kit includes:1) TO4E Turbo
2) Cast Iron Manifold
3) Turbo Piping
4) Wastegate
5) Wastegate Piping
6) Large Intercooler
7) Intercooler Piping
8) Blow Off Valve
9) Haltek E6K
10) MSD DIS 4
11) 550cc Injectors
12) Fuel Pressure Regulator
13) Toyomoto Headgasket
14) Toyomoto Custom Fuel Rail
15) TT Fuel Pump
16) Braided Fuel/Oil Lines
17) Custom Fuel Intake Fuel Bracket
18) Transmission Valve Body

Total (labor included): $12,500.00

Is that all for 12.5k?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
IS300Fan55 said:
can anyone list the full list or parts/extras in the Toyomoto STG 2 kit?

Thx for the replies so far.
stg2 450rwhp
1) TO4E Turbo
2) Cast Iron Manifold
3) Turbo Piping
4) Wastegate
5) Wastegate Piping
6) Large Intercooler
7) Intercooler Piping
8 ) Blow Off Valve
9) Haltek E6K
10) MSD DIS 4
11) 550cc Injectors
13) Toyomoto Headgasket
15) TT Fuel Pump
18 ) Transmission Valve Body

IMO i like the SRT kits better because its cheaper and its shippable
Toyomoto is really good, but I dont want to drive over to Fl to get mine installed

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Toyomoto Stage 2

1) TO4E Turbo
2) Cast Iron Manifold
3) Turbo Piping
4) Wastegate
5) Wastegate Piping
6) Large Intercooler
7) Intercooler Piping
8 ) Blow Off Valve
9) Haltek E6K
10) MSD DIS 4
11) 550cc Injectors
13) Toyomoto Headgasket
15) TT Fuel Pump
18 ) Transmission Valve Body

Total (labor included): $12,500.00

SRT stage 2
310 - 340 RWHP
Kit Includes everything from Stage 1 and the following:
- Mandrel bent steel intercooler piping
- Huge 22.5"x12.5"x3" Front Mount Spearco® Intercooler
- 9PSI Maximum Boost Pump Gas
- All necessary hardware for a complete install is supplied
- Complete Step-by-Step Installation Instructions with High Quality Gloss Color
Pictures

...Though you pay more for Toyomoto you get double the horsepower and a PERFECT running vehicle...Hectic_1 Tampa has had NO porblems and he boosts almost 18 psi daily driving....Thats also double what the SRT and PFS kit do for stage 2....ONly thing is Toyomoto is NOT shippable and you pay more....but craftsmanship is much better as I have seen both kits in person ......I do not speak being a Toyotmoto customer...As I have left Toyomoto and went with Auto Tuner for personal reasons....but Toyomto is just the better pick here....You get what you pay for i think...
-Matt

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
safest, reliable and most powerful stage 2- toyomoto & PHR
they cost a lot, too($12,500/11,500)

'stages' doesnt mean shit, as those 'stages' are nothing more than each tuner's own standard.

rather than being tied up on 'stages', you should consider:
-reason (max power? uber quick response? location of the powerband?)
-target hp
-budget
-proximity of the tuner (maybe)
and choose whatever is close to your need.

safety and reliability is almost a given. the 2jz engine is 10+yr proven engine, and i know the tuners spent tons of hr R&D'ing(reseach and development, not rip-off and duplicate)

power is little different. each tuner's power characteristic is different. its not a matter of 'good' or 'bad', but just a personality of turbo's. for example, SRT stage 4 has 700hp, but it has less area under curve than PFS stage 3 which produces about 600hp. pick what you like.

every info's are already in the forum. so do some research and you'll have EVERYTHING you need.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
PFS Lexus IS300 Stage I Shippable Turbo System (Good for up to 340 flywheel HP!)
Look no further for your complete Lexus bolt on turbo kit.This newly developed state of the art Lexus turbo system incorporates the most advanced hardware available. Tested thoroughly on the street and the dyno, this system has unsurpassed reliability to back up its outstanding performance. The Stage I turbo kit for the Lexus IS300 produces up to 340 Horsepower using 7 psi of boost.

This kit includes the following:
PFS divided pulse cast-steel exhaust manifold, 45mm SS TurboSmart wastegate, Turbo Smart Blow off valve, 60-1 Hi Fi series turbocharger, 3" mandrel bent SS downpipe back to the rear axle, 3" High flow catalytic converter, Custom Cool Charge air intake systen with K&N Hi Flow filter, PFS high volume fuel pump upgrade · Custom Electromotive TEC³ engine management system. · PFS Electronics Interface Module · Silicone hoses, clamps, heat shields, and all additional components required for a successful installation.

PFS Lexus IS300 Stage II Shippable Turbo System (Good for up to 500 flywheel HP!)
The Stage II kit includes all of the above components as well as a 3mm metal head gasket, Turbosmart boost controller, large front mount intercooler with 2.5" stainless steel piping kit and larger fuel injectors. This lowers the static compression ratio to a boost-friendly 8.6:1 for more horsepower output on pump gas. Typical installations result in over 400 RWHP at 15 psi of boost.

PFS Lexus IS300 Stage III Single Turbo System
The Stage III kit is intended for applications exceeding 600 RWHP on race gas. This kit includes a larger turbo, larger injectors, return fuel line system. The Stage 3 kit is a custom tailored to fit your power needs, please inquire for additional information.

NOTE: The following prices do not include installation.

PFS IS300 Stage I Single Turbo System IS-ENG-PACKAGE Price $ 5995.00
PFS IS300 Stage II Single Turbo System IS-ENG-PACKAGE Price $ 8995.00

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeh, you should do a search.

Just be prepared to replace a tranny if you got a manual and some pistons if want to run much over 400 rwhp on a daily basis. Factory internals have been failing at these levels. If we dont boost it more that 15 psi we all might get some descent mileage and reliability. There has just been a number of Turbo IS's popping up with cracked pistons. So just be prepared.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
turnip8snatch said:
Yeh, you should do a search.

Just be prepared to replace a tranny if you got a manual and some pistons if want to run much over 400 rwhp on a daily basis. Factory internals have been failing at these levels. If we dont boost it more that 15 psi we all might get some descent mileage and reliability. There has just been a number of Turbo IS's popping up with cracked pistons. So just be prepared.
I'd be curious to all those with cracked pistons if they had the 2001 cars or 2002-up cars? I remember Freelance had a side by side view of the rods from a 2001 & a 2002 and the 2001 rods looked a little beefier (wonder if it's the same with the pistons). To all those who have had cracked pistons running about 15psi or so and putting about 400 rwhp what year IS300 do you have?

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Two words: Engine management.

This is what separates the men from the boys. If you are going turbo, do it right the first time and get a real ECM.

That said, if you want a shippable kit, PFS is the only way to go.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
no one has mentioned TBKO, I think there stage 2 is the best value for the money. It produces much more hp than an SRT stage 2 b/c of lowered compression, and it's $700 cheaper to boot. Power wise it's not quite up to the stage 2's from Toyomoto or PHR, but if that's your budget, you can't buy more power for the money, hands down. :wink:

I think you could have a completely installed TBKO for under $7K, now that's a deal. Of course, for all these kits ,you have to add in the extras, like gauges, boost controllers, exhaust, etc. So the actual cost is always more.

If you have the money, Toyomoto and PHR do very high quality kits, though. My plan is to have PHR do my install and tuning if possible, they're the closest shop to me.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Dont get me wrong, toyomoto makes great kits, but if you have an auto pfs is the way to go. If you go with toyomoto powerhouse or pfs you cant go wrong. They all are extremely experienced tuners. You should really look into whether the haltech, motec or the tech 3 suits you the best.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.