Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked to SRT and they say their kit is totally complete. Are there any other things I should/can buy to increase performance or reliability? Is boost gauge necessary or a turbo timer? How about anything to the transmission (automatic)?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I believe the kit comes with a pillar-mount blitz boost gauge? Call them to make sure. No, kit does not come with a turbo timer. It's not a necessity, but it is definitely nice to have, and the Blitz FATT ones cost $80.

For gauges, I would recomment boost, egt, and possibly oil temp, fuel press, or wideband.

I got fuel pressure, but kinda wish I had gotten oil temp instead. Since I've had no fuel problems, it's kinda useless :p BUT if you were to have fuel problems you would be very happy you had the gauge. If you had a custom kit, I'd say get fuel press. But, since you have a shipped kit that has been tested and run before, and the fuel system is not going to change from car to car, I'd probably get oil temp. Wideband is nice to have, but kinda gimmicky.

-C

·
Registered
973 Posts
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Our kits do not come with a boost gauge or turbo timer.

You could buy a pillar mount guage from us for $150 +s/h.

Turbo Timer by Blitz, Model FATT II: $80 +s/h.
are any of your kits in stock? or there is still a 2 month wait?
stage 1 or 2 to be exact

·
Registered
575 Posts
Swift Racing Technologies said:
mokujin101,
We are still getting swamped, with new orders (average 5/week). We still have a wait period, abour 4-6 weeks, no longer 8-12.
Seems you guys are doing well, SRT.
I might be your next potential customer.
Keep it up. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts