Lexus IS Forum banner

SRT Stage2 auto 1/4mile

10K views 156 replies 40 participants last post by  -SuperleX-iS- 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. I've been lurking in this tread since 2000, but never posted. I finally decided to post on the board because I'm happy with the result of my turbo performances. Special thanks to SRT & crew members. I have put 7,000miles on my kit without a single promblem, no shifting problem. I have 83,000mile on my 2001 IS now since I've bought it in july 2000.

Today, I ran @ MIR with best time of 13.4@106mph with a 2.1 60'. Worst time of the day was 13.7@105mph. I have a total of 9 runs. (1) 13.4, (2) 13.5, (3) 13.6, and (3) 13.7 with the worst mph of 104, so I'm very impressed with my purchase I made.

What's up Doublins?

I.d.

#10 ·
BoostedNA said:
Hello everybody. I've been lurking in this tread since 2000, but never posted. I finally decided to post on the board because I'm happy with the result of my turbo performances. Special thanks to SRT & crew members. I have put 7,000miles on my kit without a single promblem, no shifting problem. I have 83,000mile on my 2001 IS now since I've bought it in july 2000.

Today, I ran @ MIR with best time of 13.4@106mph with a 2.1 60'. Worst time of the day was 13.7@105mph. I have a total of 9 runs. (1) 13.4, (2) 13.5, (3) 13.6, and (3) 13.7 with the worst mph of 104, so I'm very impressed with my purchase I made.

What's up Doublins?

I.d.
Hey what's up ID?!

WOW those are great times, you have improved so much!

I'm so happy to hear that your car is running well and you have finally gotten some good track results- your trap is higher than my highest trap of 105... my best was also 13.4, and I have a 5-speed... looks like your car is running really well.

Keep us updated.

-Chris

#11 ·
This is the new stage 2 kit from SRT, right?

I'd like to know how it's shifting smoothly, too........

Also, a 13.4 with a 2.1 60' sounds great! How fast do you think this kit would run at it's fastest?

#13 ·
lil' IS 300
How does yours shift perfectly? Did you get their valve body upgrade?

Just smashing the pedal from a stand still without racing the rpm makes shifting from first gear to the second gear hangs up, but I don't use the smashing style while on the track. Try racing up your rpm to about 2,000rpm while on manual mode with your ECT power button on, and make sure you shift before you redline around 6,200 rpm and you should have no shifting issues. And no, I don't have any valve body upgrade nor any shifting kits.

Thanks everyone for your complement.

How is your stage 2.5 coming along, Wino_ll?

#14 ·
BoostedNA said:
Doublins car is getting finished up this week. Then my emanage is going in and being tuned so all the Stage 1 and 2 owners can have the e-manage option. After that, the tranny and other stuff will be installed. I should be done early to mid-January.

Getting the following: All new gauges (TRD pod with Greddy gauges), wideband, e-manage with laptop hookup, v-161 6 speed tranny, driveshaft, b&m/SRT short shifter, 2mm headgasket, return fuel system, cam gear, and finishing my SS brakes lines....I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

:eek:

#16 ·
Best of luck to you Wino_ll. I'll join you too hopefully before the next track season. My goal is 400rwhp with a torque converter and tranny cooler, hope that will put me deep into the 12's. All I just need is a street fast car capable of holding is own. Best of luck once again.

Anybody thinks that a 3'' turbo exhaust cat back with an hks cam gears and changing the head gasket and racing up the boost to 1 bar will yield the 400rwhp mark?

#19 ·
BoostedNA said:
lil' IS 300
How does yours shift perfectly? Did you get their valve body upgrade?

Just smashing the pedal from a stand still without racing the rpm makes shifting from first gear to the second gear hangs up, but I don't use the smashing style while on the track. Try racing up your rpm to about 2,000rpm while on manual mode with your ECT power button on, and make sure you shift before you redline around 6,200 rpm and you should have no shifting issues. And no, I don't have any valve body upgrade nor any shifting kits.

Thanks everyone for your complement.

Actually, I launch also at certain RPMS. Usually around 2000-2500. However it would not shift out of first probably because of the tires spinning and the power being put down. Usually first gear isn't a problem, but the 2-3 shift is just annoying.

You have to let off the gas at a perfect RPM so that it'll shift...anything above or below it won't shift well.

Anyway, I got my best time by launching at 1500rpms...that way I didn't spin my tires so much and the car was actually able to shift out of first. I know that if the 2-3 shift was perfect, I would have hit mid-13's, cause it takes a while for it to shift.

#20 ·
2-3 isn't as much a problem for me...but the 1-2 is def a problem. It revs fast and just sticks there. So stupid. You have to get it like perfect tos hift properly....IMO, that is not a solution.

I hope the tbko esk v3 will work, otherwise I'll be going to Toyomoto.

I doubt srt's will ever come out

#21 ·
mattssi said:
2-3 isn't as much a problem for me...but the 1-2 is def a problem. It revs fast and just sticks there. So stupid. You have to get it like perfect tos hift properly....IMO, that is not a solution.

I hope the tbko esk v3 will work, otherwise I'll be going to Toyomoto.

I doubt srt's will ever come out
Yup that's what happens with my 1-2. In fact, when I was at the track, I had to let off the gas 3 times for it to shift out of first and two times for it to shift out of second! Stock IS300's did better times than what I did on that run :pissed:

I'm also looking at TBKO. Looks very interesting...if not, i'll be begging toyomoto to ship their shift kit. SRT is my last resort...no offense to them, but if these shifting issues without a shift kit are THIS bad, how can we trust their valve body upgrade to solve the problem? Not to mention it almost double the price of some shift kits out there that have been proven to work.

Just my .02

#22 ·
BoostedNA said:

What's up Doublins?

I.d.
:lol: you put an srt turbo in ur car and only got 13.4 :lol:
i think some car has that time STOCK...like m3, wrxsti, evo and alot more...man that sux...how much is that kit again? :lol:

#23 ·
redteam22003 said:
BoostedNA said:

What's up Doublins?

I.d.
:lol: you put an srt turbo in ur car and only got 13.4 :lol:
i think some car has that time STOCK...like m3, wrxsti, evo and alot more...man that sux...how much is that kit again? :lol:
hahahaha, yeah that is funny. :roll:

#24 ·
you put an srt turbo in ur car and only got 13.4
i think some car has that time STOCK...like m3, wrxsti, evo and alot more...man that sux...how much is that kit again?

This statement is just plain retarded. For the price of an M3, you can have a brand new IS with a stage 2 turbo running 11's. An M3 can't be tuned much, that motor is maxed out from the factory. The WRX STI and Evo's are fast, but look waaaaay too ricey, and would still be slower than stage 2 turbo'd IS300, even if you tuned them up a little. A IS300 can be had for $20K. Good luck on finding any of your other cars for that much. For the price of an Evo or an STI, you can have a turbo'd IS300 that's faster, period. Thanks for getting off topic, too. :shame: Those are good times for that kit.

**please note I'm talking about most stage 2's that would lower compression, like a Toyomoto kit, this would be equivalent to a stage 3 kit from SRT.

#26 ·
Those times are great ID! Keep up the good work.

Do you think the 10rwhp variation between your car and mattsi's car are what allow you to shift properly and him not to? Would turning the boost down help mattsi to shift better? Are there any changes to your transmission from stock?

Sorry for getting off topic. Mattsi's had that in his sig for a long time now. It just seems odd that you don't have any significant problems and some people can't even get out of first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.