Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we got the kit and started installing. This is the head after getting the gasket on. Sorry for the small pictures.

This is a custom aluminum shield that will be getting some heat tape when I get it. It is meant to keep some turbo/manifold heat from the battery and the brake lines. The intake that runs above the turbo will also get some sort of heat protection too.

This is the passenger side behind the fog light. The OEM fog light is going for an after market one later on. The cooler is from B&M and will be cooling tranny fluid. The other side will get the same treatment with an engine oil cooler.

Attachments

Reactions: redline814

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
more pics

The kit is installed and will try to start it tomorrow. Fingers are crossed. Here are some more pics. SRT makes a pretty sick kit and when it is tuned, I will give you some numbers. I think we will have one of the only SRT 2.75 kits in the northwest so you will see us at PIR when it is said and done if you want to check it out.

Components include:
SRT 2.75 kit.
SRT 3" Exhaust
Haltech F10X
Innovate wideband
B&M tranny cooler
B&M oil cooler
Oil filter sandwich plate to run the cooler lines
TE built tranny (600hp)
Blitz SBC
Blitz timer
B&M tranny gauge
Tein Flex susp
Volk rims
StopTech rotors
BFG KDW 2s

Reactions: lambchop11078

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Whats PIR?? Portland International Raceway?? Thats a total guess and I don't even know if such a place exists. I just figured SIR then why not PIR

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Also MixedNutz in Seattle has the 2.75, sorry to burst your bubble :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Who is "we" by the way? Does a shop or group of people own this car?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I know he has it ordered, that is why I wrote "one of the only"....

Just got to read the words people

Yes PIR is Portland International Raceway.

Also MixedNutz in Seattle has the 2.75, sorry to burst your bubble :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By we, I mean my wife and I. It's actually her car. I guess since she gets the Benz I could call it mine. I also had some help installing the kit.

Who is "we" by the way? Does a shop or group of people own this car?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Ah! Bumped the thread up I see. Did you start the car yet?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Oh. Sweet. I have questions but I dont want to thread jack. I'm moving back the WA BS thread.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No I did have help though. Would never have done it alone. I have to call on one more thing tomorrow before starting it up. SRT was also easy to get ahold of for help. I had to call several times to get through but they were usually on another line, and when I go through it was easy to find a solution.

Did you have any previous knowledge on installing turbo before this project? I'm intimidated by this install because my lack of knowledge on boost.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Sorry wasn't trying to be an ass. Thanks for the answers :) +rep

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
Jeremy, from the date of your first post it appears the install has taken you a few months. Glad to see it's finally done. Take some videos when she's running. +rep!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeremy, from the date of your first post it appears the install has taken you a few months. Glad to see it's finally done. Take some videos when she's running. +rep!
Yeah it took too damn long. I had to wait on several things to get here in the mail including a sandwich plate for the oil cooler lines. Now I am trying to find a good serial-to-USB cable for the ECU. When it's up and running I will definitely post some videos.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
what'd you do about the o2 sims in the exhaust? I've been reading DMB359's thread trying to figure out his solution. What about yours? Which ones did you use? Where did you put them? Which ones did you sim?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what'd you do about the o2 sims in the exhaust? I've been reading DMB359's thread trying to figure out his solution. What about yours? Which ones did you use? Where did you put them? Which ones did you sim?
All 4 o2 sensors were kept. The one on the underside of the car was zip tied under an under body cover (with the cover screwed back into place). The others were zip tied away from anything that moves.

The wide band will have a sensor put in the downpipe (I am having the tuner shop install the bung for that one).

1 - 20 of 67 Posts