Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two are pretty much the same price. Which one would you choose and why? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I personally would get Prolex's s/c. The reason is that i have full faith in Mike's work and i know that he is not out just for a buck.
-Rob-

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ic

cool cool, thanks for those two feedbacks. More comments please.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much more power does the SRT stage 1 turbo has over the supercharger? anyone here has the supercharger? how do you like it?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
TDLI said:
how much more power does the SRT stage 1 turbo has over the supercharger? anyone here has the supercharger? how do you like it?
SRT Stage 1 puts down 275 RWHP which is 345 crank hp.
PLP Supercharger Stage 1 puts down around 245 RWHP which is 305 crank hp

...also, you can't go wrong with the sweet BOV with the turbo :D

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But isn’t it true that superchargers are better for the engine than the turbo is? Plus, isn’t PLP for reliable than SRT? I don’t mean to sound like I prefer the s/c, I just can’t make up my mind on these two because they are almost the same price, but one hand, the s/c is “healthier” and coming from a reliable source, but the SRT is more powerful. What is your input on that? Thanks

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
The reliability of both the PLP Supercharger and the SRT Turbo are both issues we don't really know about. No ones had either long enough (the PLP S/C's havn't even shipped last time I checked), so nobody knows.

There are a few people on the board who have had SRT for a few months and there hasn't been one bad report about it...so it seems like it's pretty reliable at this point. Only time will tell how reliable they really are...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Are you gonna be using the car as a daily driver? If so the s/c will be more reliable. If you just want the power then go t/c. But if you have the money there are other t/c that put out more power than the SRT does.
-Rob-

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forgot to mention that this is for a 01 e-shift. Does this make any difference? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aight thanks. btw, how do u like that stage 2?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
The reliability of both the PLP Supercharger and the SRT Turbo are both issues we don't really know about. No ones had either long enough (the PLP S/C's havn't even shipped last time I checked), so nobody knows.

There are a few people on the board who have had SRT for a few months and there hasn't been one bad report about it...so it seems like it's pretty reliable at this point. Only time will tell how reliable they really are...
You'll probably get a little more power out of the SRT turbocharger, but if it were my car I would probably lean a little more towards the PLP supercharger. Adding a turbocharger requires more extensive engine modification which could lead to more problems, leaks, etc. If your goal is massive amounts of power and the fastest car you can get, go with the turbocharger. If you want a moderate boost in power with less engine modification, go with the supercharger. It will take at least a couple of years before you can even begin to think about reliability of either system.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
22 Participants
buddha 300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing