Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have in my possesion an SRT Race ECU but not the intake. Its supposed to have been flashed for headers and exhaust. I'm reading the instructions and it says:
DO NOT TRY TO OPERATE THE VEHICLE WITH ONLY THE INTAKE AND WITHOUT THE SRT ECU INSTALLED, SERIOUS ENGINE DAMAGE MAY OCCUR. ALSO DO NOT TRY TO OPERATE THE CAR WITH ONLY THE ECU INSTALLED AND STOCK INTAKE

Is this just a CYA from SRT? I've seen the intake and I don't see a difference in design from an Injen.

Mo?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the posts fellas..

I have an intake, just not the SRT, I have the Pro-1 Headers and XERD Race Pipe with the Greddy Evo exhaust. So I do have mods that are already generating a more free air flow system. The difference being, SRT intake and non-SRT intake.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess I'm a little confused.. I've seen an SRT intake up close and there isn't anything special about the design..There aren't any special groves or electronics on the intake. The MAF is mounted very close to where Injen mounts theirs..
..I'll let you know what happens...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.