Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I bought a used SRT / R-ECU GenII. I talked with the owner, and he said he ordered it from SRT programmed for header and midpipe. But he said that it would automatically switch over when the ECU sensed the lower air volume of MY CAR, which is running only a GReddy EVO.

So will this ECU figure itself out and realized that I don't have a header, or am I losing power since it's looking for more exhaust volume and not getting it. I just want to make sure I'm getting all the power I am supposed to be.

Do I need to send this back to SRT to have them flash/program it for NO-header/pipe?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
i don't think it'll work. who said it'll automatically switch over?

Unless the ecu was re-vamped I don't thinks so...but i don't think it would really be all that hard to do...make an ecu that's switcheable.

SRT? run 2 preprogrammed chips in parallel and use a switch to select them?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is why I wanted to check and see. It seems to be running perfectly though, and noticable power. Just not sure exactly how much power I'm supposed to be getting.

No CELs or anything. Anyone else know anything? I, yes personally this time, spoke with Marken on the phone at SRT (approx. 6 weeks ago) and from what I understood he told me, and I could be wrong, but the GenII was supposed to know whether you were running headers or were not and would swap over. Maybe this is not the case? I can send it in to them if need be.

I sent an email to [email protected] and I'll let you know what I hear.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
header

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha. true. my bad. still to early this morning. :oops:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Hey, I have the newer gen SRT with R-ECU. I bought it from someone with headers, and I am stock. I call SRT and asked if a reflash was necessary, they said it was not.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, scottschoe just talked to Marken and he said that it WAS necessary. NOW WHAT IS THE DEAL HERE. I am running a "header flashed" r-ECU on my non-header vehicle, under the impression that it was going to BE OKAY.... PER MARKEN...... and now, IT'S NOT from what scott just heard from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Man I'm getting confused. am i asking the wrong questions or something? I'd like to get a final answer

ME: Hi I'm about to buy a used SRT / R-ECU GenII that has been programmed for a header and midpipe. I do not have a header/midpipe, my only mod is the HKS Hiper. Do I need to send this in to you to get reflashed? Thanks.

Swift Racing Technologies: No you do not need to do that, you should be fine with that setup.

BUUUUUUUUUUT

ME: Hi I'm about to buy a lightly used HFI w/ race-ecu from an is300.net member. The unit has been flashed for headers, but I do not have headers. Do I need to send this unit in to get reflashed by you guys, or will it automatically adapt? Thanks.

MARKEN (SRT): Do you know if the owner specifically had the unit reflashed for headers? better yet, find out when. On the surface, it seems as if the unit will need to be reflashed for your application (non-header type).

ME: The owner "ordered it from SRT programmed for header and midpipe," so I guess it wasn't flashed after the purchase, but done at the time of purchase.

MARKEN (SRT):When?

ME: P.S. It's a second-generation race-ECU if that makes any difference.

MARKEN (SRT): It will need to be re-flashed then if you do not have a header set up.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wierd weird wierd. I think Mo Marken and Kellen need to sit down and have a couple of beers and make sure they all on the same page. :D

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
davefisher said:
wierd weird wierd. I think Mo Marken and Kellen need to sit down and have a couple of beers and make sure they all on the same page. :D
sounds also like they wanted your business by sending it in to get it reflashed regardless and make $100 off you...just a hunch.... :crazy:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
phew. this was starting to freak me out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.