Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i just got my srt intake in the mail today, thanks to krs for the sale. So i just opened the box around 10, and started goin at it, after about an 1hr and 15min i had everything good to go. Went out for a drive and loved the sound. :) Very nice deep sound at WOT. Very easy install in my opinion, i was intimidated by the soldering part, but after looking at the wiring diagram it all made sense.
Heres a couple of pics with the intake and mazzuri headers. Enjoy!
SRT Intake W/ Mazzuri
SRT Intake W/ Mazzuri (2)
Youtube Video

Travis

·
Registered
136 Posts
how was was the performance? was it like wow you were impressed or like ahh its alright? just wondering because im waiting on my intake and my headers so by the end of the month everything should be ready to go.. so im just wondering what im expecting.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
performance wise it was pretty impressive compared to stock. Really felt it on the low end side. just cruisin at 20mph, then hittin wot it'll really start going. Im sure you'll love the sound ;) I'll post a video in a couple of days with drivebys, in car and outside. let you be the judge of it. high end wise didn't seem to accel as fast as i wanted, but still got up there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
o thats real kool.. so is it enough to step up to some gt's ?? lol i wana kill ma friend in his 02 gt lol.. but yhea i love the IS's sound.. just cuz it reminds me of a supra in a way.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o thats real kool.. so is it enough to step up to some gt's ?? lol i wana kill ma friend in his 02 gt lol.. but yhea i love the IS's sound.. just cuz it reminds me of a supra in a way.
lol, um...can't really answer that one. i doubt it. some kid at my school thinks he big shit with his base model mustang, so i'll run against him and tell ya how i do, thats bout as good as i can do for your question, lol.

·
Registered
558 Posts
wassup travis, good to hear that your received the intake, and congratz on installing your mods. definitly post some videos of your setup cant wait to see it.

chris

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wassup travis, good to hear that your received the intake, and congratz on installing your mods. definitly post some videos of your setup cant wait to see it.

chris
yeah, thanks again for the sale. I called ups so much that they sent it to me a day early, lol. I called them at least like 5 times yesterday saying that i wanted to pick it up, so i gueess they skipped taking it to the ups store and took it straight to my house. :) but yeah vids will come soon we i dont got to work.

Travis

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright so after gettin on it a couple of times, when i try to drive casually just goin speed limit. when just drive regular from a stop it seems like its chuggin or resisting or something, can't explain it. stops at about 2200rpms then you have to gun it to get it goin anymore, it like stops slowly accel. any help? sorry if explanation is bad

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sound like your ecu is dumping to much fuel into the combustion chamber (running rich) and causing your enigine to bog down. Are you running 02 sims?
This problem may fix itself by your pmc adapting to the change of air coming in and going out of the engine, but it could take a couple days of driving. If it doesn't you may need to buy a piggyback and an a/f monitor.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sound like your ecu is dumping to much fuel into the combustion chamber (running rich) and causing your enigine to bog down. Are you running 02 sims?
This problem may fix itself by your pmc adapting to the change of air coming in and going out of the engine, but it could take a couple days of driving. If it doesn't you may need to buy a piggyback and an a/f monitor.
im ordering my o2 sim on friday, so that may be the culprit to the problem. after i get that in and got no cel's ill be sure to repost on how its doing. thanks rj for the help +rep for you sir. lol vids are comin tonight, once i get off work so stay tuned!, haha

travis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts