Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres the deal, i have a srt 2.0 log manifold with a turbonetics 60-1 mounted on it. but there is zero clearence for oil return line. the bolt for engine mount is in the way. but removal of the bolt is not an option.

Has anyone had this problem or does it look like this turbocharger did not come with this kit or could the manifold be rewelded? Could there be a special flange for the oil return line?

Please help here are some pics- Thanks I have til 12 Friday or else the whole things is coming out and its 85% done.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Have you clocked the CHRA?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
What "Tony the Tiger" said...clock the center cartridge. If you get the oil return around 7 o'clock you'll gain more clearance but the key thing is to keep it as vertical as possible to allow gravity to drain the oil.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was actually thinking the same thing, I am going to call Makek right now.

thanks- i will keep u guys updated

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update"
Malek was able to clock the turbo and had to make new oil lines and he got it to work.

So I should have it by Sunday...yay

·
Registered
557 Posts
Good to hear :)

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Update"
Malek was able to clock the turbo and had to make new oil lines and he got it to work.
Malek saves the day over SRT again (insert humor).

Make new lines? If I remember correctly, that line has enough slack to handle a tick of the turbo.

It should look something like this from the top of the turbo...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i bought the kit used... many of the fittings could not be used, and the one fuel line fitting that i could use leaked. I tried to save money but it is going to end up costing around the same with the extra parts/fittings/labor.

he told me he the car running today, i cant waite. its going to be a nice christmas present

1 - 12 of 12 Posts