Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this pic, it looks like there is no need to modify the crash bar. Is that true? I was looking at the stage II. Also, do you need to modify the bumper at all to fit it ? And I can't tell from those pics, but you will have to cut a hole in the frame for the piping from the intercooler into the engine bay.

 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
23,688 Posts
No modification to the crash bar or bumper is needed. I have seen doublins car up close and it looks great...the entire kit!
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
i think you do need to cut the hole though. It's not a big deal, if you wanna throw a turbo at your car, you should at least be prepared to cut a hole.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
23,688 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
i think you do need to cut the hole though. It's not a big deal, if you wanna throw a turbo at your car, you should at least be prepared to cut a hole.
yes this is true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
Wino is correct- there is no need to modify the crash bar or the bumper.

You will have to cut a 3" hole in the flat sheet metal under where your intake filter is currently mounted, behind the passenger headlight. But, like Sophie said, if you're planning on boosting your car, there are two little things you should know-

1) You will have to cut a small hole in your engine bay.
2) You will need to tap a fitting into your oil pan for an oil return line.

-C
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
mokujin101 said:
what about the JDM bumper and no crashbar?

i think they have to cut the whole bottom of the bumper
Uh, no.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,033 Posts
doublins said:
Wino is correct- there is no need to modify the crash bar or the bumper.

You will have to cut a 3" hole in the flat sheet metal under where your intake filter is currently mounted, behind the passenger headlight. But, like Sophie said, if you're planning on boosting your car, there are two little things you should know-

1) You will have to cut a small hole in your engine bay.
2) You will need to tap a fitting into your oil pan for an oil return line.

-C
it looks like you will also re locate the horns :lol: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
well, yeah, but you just bolt them to 2 different holes than the ones they were in- hardly a difficult mod :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so if you sell your car, and take it out, you can buy a new oil pan and plug the hole and throw the old intake box over it. No other permanent modification for the srt kit? Thanks guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
mokujin101 said:
what about the JDM bumper and no crashbar?

i think they have to cut the whole bottom of the bumper
Depends on the kit some will require modification.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
23,688 Posts
mokujin101 said:
SophieSleeps said:
mokujin101 said:
what about the JDM bumper and no crashbar?

i think they have to cut the whole bottom of the bumper
Uh, no.
what are u talking about?? i saw SRT cut the bumper on ISMAN's car

he has the same kit as me
Two reasons. 1. His bumper/body kit is straight from japan...so yes it needed modification 2. His IS300 is like no other (so yes some modifications were needed). You should see the size of his new intercooler :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
err japan = JDM. and it couldnt fit the regular intercooler without mods.

Wino_II said:
mokujin101 said:
SophieSleeps said:
mokujin101 said:
what about the JDM bumper and no crashbar?

i think they have to cut the whole bottom of the bumper
Uh, no.
what are u talking about?? i saw SRT cut the bumper on ISMAN's car

he has the same kit as me
Two reasons. 1. His bumper/body kit is straight from japan...so yes it needed modification 2. His IS300 is like no other (so yes some modifications were needed). You should see the size of his new intercooler :eek:
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
23,688 Posts
no shit...i just wasn't reading everything...its early.

Sentinel said:
err japan = JDM. and it couldnt fit the regular intercooler without mods.

Wino_II said:
mokujin101 said:
SophieSleeps said:
mokujin101 said:
what about the JDM bumper and no crashbar?

i think they have to cut the whole bottom of the bumper
Uh, no.
what are u talking about?? i saw SRT cut the bumper on ISMAN's car

he has the same kit as me
Two reasons. 1. His bumper/body kit is straight from japan...so yes it needed modification 2. His IS300 is like no other (so yes some modifications were needed). You should see the size of his new intercooler :eek:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top