Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good investment? Does it perform as advertised? Easy to Install and Uninstall? Any info. be great...Thanks.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Highest hp proven gains from all the other intakes for the IS.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
The SRT intake comes with a R-ECU. That is why its power gains are more substantial than say the K&N fipk or the PLP-SFI. Add an SAFCII to either of these intakes and fine tune it with other N/A mods. You'll have close to, if not the same gains as the SRT Intake. Out of all of the intakes available for the IS, this is one of the more difficult ones to install.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Especially soldering...I didn't do soldering but it looked very difficult and time-consuming

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If you think a intake is hard to install then i really dont know what to say....

·
Registered
52 Posts
boosted_4door said:
If you think a intake is hard to install then i really dont know what to say....
LOL!

BTW: is the SRT really that loud? (I want the most HP from my intake but want to keep her somewhat quit, stock sounding)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
racorbit said:
LOL!

BTW: is the SRT really that loud? (I want the most HP from my intake but want to keep her somewhat quit, stock sounding)
its gonna be louder since its an open element filter and the piping is 3.5 inches of steel. so yea dont expect a stock sound. unless u shift lower then 3.5k, but ur gonna love the sound so much ur gonna be floor master alot.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
SRT is, I think, the loudest intake out there, I have had JoeZ & Rod Millen and SRT is the loudest, but i think it sounds good.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
ISZach said:
SRT is, I think, the loudest intake out there, I have had JoeZ & Rod Millen and SRT is the loudest, but i think it sounds good.

u had rmm???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts