Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of going with the injen intake with a greddy evo2 exhaust, but I've been hearing and reading good things about the srt intake. Looks like it is almost double the price of the injen. Is it worth the price increase? Also, I've read that people were having problems with the race ECU and the CEL (Check Engine Light). Has this problem been fixed or is this simply an issue with installation not being done correctly. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
I never had a CEL with my SRT intake ever....

its just people who install them wrong...

good intake, worth the money....if you have intake/exhaust combo....

·
Registered
765 Posts
go Injen w/ EVO2 and you will be satisfied. I would recommend an SAFCII though with it. You won't have any problems with CEL light either if you do it right. You will get alittle more power with the SAFCII and Injen than the SRT and plus you will be able to tune your whole setup and future open air mods. If you want an Injen Intake i am selling a brand new one for 219.00 shipped to your doorstep. I can guarantee that you won't find a better deal. let me know. --matt
ps. i can get you an SAFCII also if you want one or you can try the intake exhaust combo first of all without the SAFCII. either way its a great setup. i have it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SRT intake is a great intake except that it is mainly the piggyback which does most of the work. It is oversized piping which triggers the CEL if the piggyback is not installed. The Injen sent CEL when it did not have a heatshield hence more turbulant air coming in. which was fixed with the new edition. Now if you combine that with the SAFC it is pretty much the same as the SRT intake, but easier to tune if you add something else.

also PLP is rumored to come out with an open element intake which utilizes a piggyback ecu upgrade like the srt one

·
Registered
765 Posts
pm me if anybody wants an Injen intake for 219.00 shipped. it would be dumb to pass this deal up if your are looking.--matt

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New to the mod scene... can someone explain SAFC and SAFC-II to me? Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.