Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to take out the SRT-Race ECU and use the SAFC2 to tune your settings with the SRT intake pipe?

And also.. if I went this way would I need to use an SAFC2 with turbo?

·
Registered
210 Posts
dskang100 said:
Is it possible to take out the SRT-Race ECU and use the SAFC2 to tune your settings with the SRT intake pipe?

And also.. if I went this way would I need to use an SAFC2 with turbo?
it might be possible... i just couldn't do it with the s-afc1. i had the srt intake with the s-afc, and no r/ecu. the s-afc was maxed out at 50% rich and my car was running fine, but my tuner couldn't say that my car was tuned for there was no adjustment left in the s-afc. so he hooked up the srt r/ecu in there as well. and now i have lots of room for adjustment on the s-afc.

and to answer your second question... yes, you can use the s-afc2 in a custom turbo setup. but you will probably want a fuel/engine management system that has more capabilities than the s-afc2 if you go that route. not to mention most turbo kits come with a better fuel/engine management system than the s-afc2 anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.