Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This summer I am looking into purchasing an intake and exhaust for my car. As for the exhaust, I have already decided on the HKS Dragger II. The intake, however, is still up in the air. I have heard some people say they have problems with the air/fuel thing that you have to solder. How hard is this to do? I will most likely have the intake professionally installed because I have no experience soldering. Besides that, how are Injen or other name brand intakes? How much of a difference is there between the two? And yes, I searched but I couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help.

·
13,727 Posts
There are tons of threads on intakes. They all say the same thing, but since I am a nice guy I will summarize them for you:

SRT is the best, but most expensive. It is the only one that comes with the AF controller, or black box to be wired in. It adjusts your AF settings for you so you are basically getting a intake and dyno tune all in one. Definitely considered a top pick. Also, if wired correctly, no Check Engine Lights.

And dont worry about the wiring, it can be wired in by someone who knows what they are doing and can be just unplugged if ever needed. You could probably even stop by a car audio shop and pay someone to soldier it together for a few bucks.

There are Ingen intakes and AEM ones. I consider these to be both about the same. These have been known to throw CEL's if you do not use a heat shield, although that is a complete other topic. Obviously less performance than the SRT, they do look and sound good. A good choice.

K&N Fipk - basically the same as above, but comes with a plastic intake tube. The only intake the comes with one to my knowledge, the rest are metal. This one is highly rated by members and comes with a heat shield. No CEL problems. Same performance as the rest, they all pretty much are the same anyway. I hear you have to relocate the abs pump with this one, anyone can chime in on that one.

Joe Z - what I have currently. I wanted the sleeper look. It replaces your intake tube, but keeps your stock air box. Pop in a high flow filter (I like dry filters like Blitz, they are not reusable but no chance of getting oil on your MAF) and youre good to go. No CEL lights, and most quiet intake.

There are other intakes, but I am getting bored with this post already. Do a search if you want, but I pretty much broke it down for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.