Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars been burning oil and so far we've replaced the valve seals and PCV and neither of these seemed to fix it so ive just been trying to think of ways why it may be doing this. The other day i read up somehting a guy wrote about recieving a malfunction ECU with his SRT intake and this made his car run really rich and smoke and stuff. Is this any way that my R-ECU from my intake could be off a little and be making my car run rich and burn oil and smoke some when i floor it? also spits a little oil out the exhaust when i start it in the morning or rev it.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
609 Posts
Chris,

How much oil are you burning? A quart every 500 miles, 1000 miles? Also, what color is the smoke & does it smell like gas or nauseating buring oil? How many miles on the car and how often has it been serviced? Have you used nitrous etc?

We will need to know in order to help you.

To my knowledge, runnning rich isn't going to cause you to burn oil. You have already replaced valve seals so knock that off your list. The next thing is to check compression and determine if your rings are shot. There are surely more knowledgable people on the forums than me, but if you are burning a considerable amount of oil, and have taken care of the basics, then I think you need to move on to a compression test. Before you do, find out how much oil you are actually burning.

How about taking the SRT off and running the car with the stock intake for a while?

·
Registered
650 Posts
i highly doubt its the r-ecu. if something were wrong with it your car would most likely run like shit w/ a check engine light

1 - 3 of 3 Posts