Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a question for you guys... maybe you could help me... i got a stillen intake right now... and when i put it in it tripped a cel cuz of increased airflow... so i got a safc and blah blah blah... the cel went away. seeing as how it tripped a cel... it must mean the intake is doin its job with a good deal of increased airflow. now my question is do u think it is worth buyin an srt intake (w/o race ecu cuz i dont need it with safc) and replace the stillen one i have now (will the gains be apparent or negligible?) oh btw... u need to retune an safc after a header install right? thanks a lot.
~Av

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes, you definately need to retune the safc if you want the maximum gains; however, if you dont want to spend the money or plan to add more things maybe you should just wait and get all the things and than set it up well so you dont have to do it over and over, and pay over and over. Unless you dont really care about the money of course.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Get Enclosed Element Intakes like JoeX and PLP, if you are getting open element make sure to get something that has a dirt and heatshield...to ensure more cold air gets in and less dirt to filter, since you already have a S-AFC it might be a good idea jsut to leave it.....my 02 cents.

Matt 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts