Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Maybe i read this wrong, but you said that you put the stock airbox back in with the r-ecu still connected, and then put the srt intake on without the r-ecu?

I may be incorrect, but I think both of those options are going to be throwing codes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
no no no i took all the SRT stuff OFF and put all the stock stuff back on, just like when I bought the car everything bone stock and she ran fine... so the problem must be the r-ecu right?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Haha, that post was referring to TACH's post.

In your case, I would maybe try resetting the ECU, clean the MAF ( i know you said it couldn't be it but just try it.), Re-check your wires and make sure all solder points are good and solid. Beyond that, I would think it would have to be the R-ecu.

Hopefully you didnt mess up the Factory ecu though, that would suck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Oh sorry haha yeah ill try those things I guess and if i it still doesnt work... ill just call SRT on monday

·
Registered
334 Posts
HI, Yes we were performing tests. The tests were not for the codes. But mainly to see if the system was going to be running the same "Rich" condition it was with the R-Ecu and the intake. It was merely an analysis to pinpoint whihc was malfunctioning or aiding in the malfunction.

Intake - not the problem
Maf - not the problem
R-ecu - most likely the problem
Heat shield block off plate( removed ) - most likely the problem

·
Registered
650 Posts
+1 on the r-ecu being bad. do a process of elimination. take off the r-ecu and see how it runs. if runs good then its definatly the r-ecu. like i told TACH i'll take a picture of mines sometime in the next 2 days and post a pic of how i wired mines up. its ALWAYS the r-ecu.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah im on work for a few more hours but im going to try and leave early so I can go try that and ill post up with what happens

·
Registered
334 Posts
Spoke to SRT. Moe was very helpful trying to diagnose it over the phone with me. Everything he suggested to do; I performed. So he informed me to send the R-ecu back for further evaluation. I will keep everyone posted on the results. Thanks moe for the help this morning. Hope everything works out.

Update from post #25

Intake - not the problem (confirmed )
Maf - not the problem (confirmed )
R-ecu - most likely the problem
Heat shield block off plate( removed ) - most likely the problem ( not the problem )

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yup talked to Moe too and it was the sensor 2 malfunctioning. Car runs without it soldered and sounds great! so im going to call him back tomorrow and find out if i need to ship the r-ecu back to him for another one that works properly

·
Registered
650 Posts
so i took a picture of my ecu w/ the r-ecu and it turns out you cant make out a single thing. lol. so that was a bust. but i hope you guys get your r-ecu fixed!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts