Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the intake and was looking at the directions and they said 2001+ and 2002 so I went by the 2001+ even though it didn't match up had the same colors. Took her out and she road rough and smoke started coming out so I think the r-ecu got shorted out.Trac off and check engine light came on So I took it off and went by the 2002 and it was right, I installed the intake, and the r-ecu and the same check engine came on and the trac off light was blinking. Took her out just to see how she drove and the throttle was off. There was no catch point. I had to put the gas about half way to the floor to get any movement. Also when the engine was cold it idled at 1,000 rpm instead of the normal 1,500. So I took it off and drove her bone stock and she was fine no check engine light or trac off light came on. So paid for shipping $7 I sent the r-ecu piggyback back to SRT and they checked it out and they said it was fine. I paid $20 for it to be sent back to me in 2 day air (wanted it back to put it on bad couldve just paid $10) Anyway got it back and just put it on and am getting the same results... Anyone know what could be wrong?? I really think the r-ecu is shot.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
did you soldier the wires? If your using clips then it's not good. Did you also put on the heat shield? make sure that the shield has that plate blocking the filter because if you try to remove that your car can die out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
you might think your not getting improvements because you lose low end. But you gain a lot up top.

·
Registered
650 Posts
if th r-ecu is good then you must have wired it wrong. take a pic of the ecu so i can compare it to mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes ive soldered the wires correctly and the intake w/ heat shield are on everything is right but still getting check engine light and trac off light blinking. Also car idles higher when cold and has no low point on the gas. Meaning when i give it gas the throttle doesnt respond until my foot is half way to the floor. The rpms do not move until my foot is half way to the floor... something is wrong.... anyone know what??? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Sounds to me like your car might have gone into some "limp mode" of some sort.

I would check your MAF sensor and make sure it's clean and okay. To the best of my knowledge nothing can really go wrong with this intake other than your MAF sensor being messed up, removing the blocker on the heatshield, or if you jack up the wire job on the r-ecu.

Are you POSITIVE that you used the correct wires for the r-ecu? What year is your car?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup im 100% positive i used the correct wires in the correct spots. Just like the 2002 diagram said so. ALL the wires and spots match up and i soldered like it said so. My car is a 2004.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Okay. Have you tried cleaning your MAF sensor?
For future wiring reference, go with the 2002+ wiring diagrams, 2001 is different as i'm sure you realize now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have an 03 is300 and i had the same issues with mine. Im planning on calling srt on monday to see whats up. wires were installed to a "T".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh i see... Yeah I guess I could clean the MAF sensor. Yeah the diagrams said this exactly = ''2001+'' and the other said ''2002''. But yeah figured out it should said 2001 and 2002+.. Guess my last ditch effort would be to clean the MAF and if that doesnt work call SRT again on monday...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah and thanks for all your input guys... I really want to get this intake working heh ive heard so much good things about it but im disappointed right now with this @#$% anyway +rep

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No problem bro, I hope everything works out for you, it really is a good piece of equipment! You won't be disappointed once it runs well! haha

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah oh another thing I dont think that the MAF needs to be cleaned cuz when I put the car back to stock (took off r-ecu and soldered sensor 1 back togther and took whole intake off) so the whole stock intake, air box, and everything was back to normal the car ran fine... So im really confused why it isn't working..

·
Registered
334 Posts
what do you mean they were installed to a "T"?
LOL, i meant i did it wire for wire exactly what is stated in the installation guide,
I recieved 3 codes - mass air flow circuit out of range, bank 1, bank 2 overly rich.

I work for lexus so i swapped 3 maf sensors and i got the same problem. I have a strong feeling the R-ecu is malfunctioning. I will be calling monday as well. Hopefully they can fix it or send me a new R-ecu

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i think its malfuctioning too so when i called them a week ago they said send it back and they would test it. So i mailed it back to SRT and they said nothing was wrong so I paid for it to be sent back to me and it still doesnt work!!! WTF!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Trust me. I had a Master Tech with over 10+ years of experience helping me diagnose the situation. We removed the intake and left the R-ecu and installed the stock airbox unit and it still acted up. We then removed the R-ecu and installed the Srt intake and it ran fine without it. We tripple checked all the wirings and nothing was out of the ordinary. Our only diagnosis was there is something wrong with the R-ecu.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yup thats what im thinking i guess i have to wait till monday... im glad its winter right now and snow is everywhere lol, thanks for the input though ill give yeah some rep

1 - 20 of 32 Posts