Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody every install the SRT intake and have hood clearance probs?

Everything went together pretty smoothly.. but when i close the hood.. it gets hung up.

Anybody got any good close up pics of their install so i can make sure everything is good?

·
Registered
791 Posts
The problem is one spot on top of the SRT heat shield rubs the insulation under the hood. Get a file and whack off some material. I didnt notice it at first so now I have a hole in the insulation.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The problem is one spot on top of the SRT heat shield rubs the insulation under the hood. Get a file and whack off some material. I didnt notice it at first so now I have a hole in the insulation.
hey thanks im waithing for my SRT intake so before i install it ill take some material of the top thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
you shouldn't need to shave anything. I installed my SRT intake with no clearance problems. Check to see if you have proper alignment or loose bolts.

·
Registered
650 Posts
you shouldn't need to shave anything. I installed my SRT intake with no clearance problems. Check to see if you have proper alignment or loose bolts.
not all car and intakes/heatshields are exactly alike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there are only two bolts that hold it down to the chasis.. and i had to flex the heat plate a little bit to get the bolt holes to line up.

I'm also gonna say that not every car / intake is machined the same way.

Thanks guys, I think im gonna get a ruler out.. some tin snips and maybe take a 1/4 inch of the topof the heat sheild

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Well there are only two bolts that hold it down to the chasis.. and i had to flex the heat plate a little bit to get the bolt holes to line up.

I'm also gonna say that not every car / intake is machined the same way.

Thanks guys, I think im gonna get a ruler out.. some tin snips and maybe take a 1/4 inch of the topof the heat sheild
if the hood doesnt close, the heatshield is not in properly. I wouldnt cut it b/c the problem is with the install, not the product. Just double check everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts