Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought the intake about a month ago from another memeber on here...and I want to install it in the spring problem is I dont have anyone to do it for me anymore.....does anyone close to me know how to install it I'll pay or can someone reccomend a garage that could do it for me? I live in southeastern MA...I also have side skirts and a front lip I will need painted and put on are there any reasonable places...keep in mind a friend was suppose to help with all this but im on my own now and i do not want to screw my car up in anyway so i figured I would ask you guys for advice.....Thanks for any help you can give!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
HONESTLY you can do the install yourself it's quite cut and dry.

I have recently installed one myself and it was a fairly easy process. The most time consuming and most intense portion was the wiring of the ecu but that was only due to me taking my sweet time soldering the wires in cleanly and heat shrinking..

I'm telling you, you can do this with a simple wiring diagram! If i can be of any assistance, please feel free to let me know! Give it a shot and learn a little!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
When i was doing research on the intake i found a good website about soldering, I'll see if i can't find it..

·
Registered
107 Posts
i would love to learn to do this its the soddering thing that scares me to do myself
It's not hard at all.At least install intake and then worry about the wiring.
IT'S WORTH IT

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Okay i think this is it,

Soldering wires & connectors

It really isn't difficult, just takes getting used to! get yourself some spare wires and practice putting the heat shrink on the wire, and then solder the wires together. Keep practicing until your comfortable and I assure you can get it.

This intake was honestly my first time doing a full on soldering job, and i am totally happy with my results!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
just to back up what everyone else has said, you can do this yourself it was my first time soldering wires also. i just took my time and it turned out great.
you can do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts