Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a couple of threads on the SRT intake and it looks like everyone is loving it. After all the comments I am very tempted to get one but I dont know much about mods so I have a couple of (lame) q's before I make my decision.

Did anyone take step by step pic while they were installing it ? If you did can you share dem please ?

Second, how hard would it be to go back to the factory intake ?

Also, do any of you undo your intake changes before going to the dealer for your scheduled maintenace.

Thanks for any info

Reefa

·
Registered
241 Posts
speaking of guarantees, what about the dealership warranty? lots of thoughts have been posted already, and the same questions have been asked/answered serveral times too...the question remains, will the dealership warranty be voided?

Anytime you gota cut wires, especially from the stock ECU of all places, who knows what the dealer's reaction might be. And whos gona roll into the Lexus shop first to find out? JMO

On the other hand, My right foot REALLY wants it bad

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Stimpykat7:
speaking of guarantees, what about the dealership warranty? lots of thoughts have been posted already, and the same questions have been asked/answered serveral times too...the question remains, will the dealership warranty be voided?

Anytime you gota cut wires, especially from the stock ECU of all places, who knows what the dealer's reaction might be. And whos gona roll into the Lexus shop first to find out? JMO

On the other hand, My right foot REALLY wants it bad
You actually tap into certain wires in the factory harness going to the ECU. There is only one wire in this harness that you cut to run one circuit from the SRT wiring harness inline.

As far as warranty - The general consensus is that the modification has to be directly related to the failure of a component for the dealer to reject coverage. This may be something for attorneys to argue but no dealer (or insurance company) wants to deal with a bad faith suit.

Anyway, you can easily convert your car back to stock (see previous post) if you think something questionable comes up.

[This message has been edited by bty (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I can't wait to roll into the dealership with my new intake. I don't forsee any problems, but if I do have any, my best friend is an Attorney and owes me favors. I seriously doubt Lexus will fight with us over this matter. If they do, Lexus will get some serious flack from all of us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Stimpykat7
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing