Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SRT intake today..

Now I am selling it,

I tried to install it, but i regret it. ( and problems with wifey.. yes! i am recently married )

So make an offer to [email protected]

no S/H charges..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Take it from me, (Married 8 years) don't start down that path. You will be a whipped puppy driving a minivan within 3 years. Tell her you respect her opinion, but you feel this is best. The way I look at it is what she gonna do? Divorce you. Sure she'll be mad for a day or two, but you'll still have your intake and she will get over it. I have seen to many guys get their [email protected] cut off by their wifes. It is a slow process that takes years. You have to set the tone now or you will be home watching the lifetime channel before you know it. STAND YOUR GROUND. Women want to be in control, let them think they are, and do what you want. If you don't, you might as well trade in the 300 for a Windstar now. Good luck.

"Yet another opinion, by yet another editor of the daily feed"

------------------
01 Silver IS 300 w/SRT Intake
01 Toyota Sequoia Limited

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
many reasons came out. So have to respect wifey this time..

Originally posted by Softsell:
Take it from me, (Married 8 years) don't start down that path. You will be a whipped puppy driving a minivan within 3 years. Tell her you respect her opinion, but you feel this is best. The way I look at it is what she gonna do? Divorce you. Sure she'll be mad for a day or two, but you'll still have your intake and she will get over it. I have seen to many guys get their [email protected] cut off by their wifes. It is a slow process that takes years. You have to set the tone now or you will be home watching the lifetime channel before you know it. STAND YOUR GROUND. Women want to be in control, let them think they are, and do what you want. If you don't, you might as well trade in the 300 for a Windstar now. Good luck.

"Yet another opinion, by yet another editor of the daily feed"

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$495 or best offer..

the package has everything
except that's already open becuase tried to install it, otherwise everything is there.

if you live in the bayarea, ca i will be glad to meet up and give it to you personally, for those who live far from the bayarea you can paypal me since i am a verified user there's nothing to worry about. Email me at [email protected] and we get a deal.. Cuz i need to get the $$ before this time i get my [email protected] cutted!

[This message has been edited by El Chino (edited January 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Originally posted by El Chino:
Cuz i need to get the $$ before this time i get my [email protected] cutted!

So the real reason why he's selling his intake comes out.

Hey I would sell it too if someone threatened to cut mine off if I didnt.
I'm just kidding El Chino. Good luck

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Chino,

I feel for ya man. I too had to make tough choices about that intake. I know how you feel.

This is the exact reason why I can't get the intake ... the WIFEY factor.

Did she object to the cost of the intake or its consequences, additional noise & less gas mileage?

I guess some guys have more cajones/balls than others or others are just single/bachelors.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My wife could care less! It's my car! She has an Expedition and a Jeep, and I pay for both of them! Its hard when you first get married, finances and all, but it will get better, I promise. Good luck with them both! At least you you have an IS. :>

·
Registered
215 Posts
It was said best on Sienfeld, "You have no hand" In a relationship you have to have "hand". Without it, you are toast.

The fisrt year in a marriage is crucial. You have to set the tone. Because if you don't, she will (incrementally) step all over you. I got buddies who can't hunt, go out to a bar, hell go see a movie with their buddies because "wifey" won't let em. Yet they can go out for a girls night, go shopping and spend your hard earned money.

It is time to be the king of your castle. Call their bluff, tell em like it is. My wife tried the same thing and I told her point blank, I am gonna do this, it is my money and if you don't like it then you can take back that $600.00 coat you got at Nordstrom. That shut her up quick. Guys you are in a battle for your MANHOOD, don't let them win. Stand up early because if you don't do it now it will be to late once the precedent is set.

Of course you can do what one of my buddy does, he nags his wife so much she practically throws him out of the house. Whatever works.

"Yet another diatribe by a guy who pays the bills"

------------------

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha, no only the wifey reason. also that i am concern about the car, that i might trade it in for the IS300 Manual..

Originally posted by Eddy:

So the real reason why he's selling his intake comes out.

Hey I would sell it too if someone threatened to cut mine off if I didnt.
I'm just kidding El Chino. Good luck

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Softsell:

This time she's right. but to be honest I learned a lot this couple of years when it comes to relations, i seen so many friends hitting their wives just some little issues, they end up in JAIL!.. so think about it being a "macho" won't take you nowhere. So i started to learn about communication in a couple..

Originally posted by Softsell:
It was said best on Sienfeld, "You have no hand" In a relationship you have to have "hand". Without it, you are toast.

The fisrt year in a marriage is crucial. You have to set the tone. Because if you don't, she will (incrementally) step all over you. I got buddies who can't hunt, go out to a bar, hell go see a movie with their buddies because "wifey" won't let em. Yet they can go out for a girls night, go shopping and spend your hard earned money.

It is time to be the king of your castle. Call their bluff, tell em like it is. My wife tried the same thing and I told her point blank, I am gonna do this, it is my money and if you don't like it then you can take back that $600.00 coat you got at Nordstrom. That shut her up quick. Guys you are in a battle for your MANHOOD, don't let them win. Stand up early because if you don't do it now it will be to late once the precedent is set.

Of course you can do what one of my buddy does, he nags his wife so much she practically throws him out of the house. Whatever works.

"Yet another diatribe by a guy who pays the bills"

·
Registered
221 Posts
El Chino, communication is fine...just so long as I get my way most of the time.

[This message has been edited by AltezzaFreak (edited January 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
215 Posts
El Chino,

Please do not think I resort to violence. I have never hit a woman, nor would I ever. And I am not trying to be "Macho". Communication is great. I have a great wife who respects me as I respect her. But the problem lies when communication is one way. Wifey says she wants to have "talk", when in fact she wants to have a "tell". Tell you not to do this, tell you to do that etc.. This is not communication. Sure couples have issues, and I am all willing to openingly discuss them. What I will not tolerate is to be TOLD I cannot do this, that is being disrespectful. I can be asked, and out of respect for her, I will more than likely oblige. But unfortatley, some wives do not respect their husbands or their opinions (this is true of some men too). So when you stated "problems with wifey", I inferred that you were being told instead of asked. Hence my diatribe(s). Good luck, and to bad you have to sell the intake, it is a great piece of equipment.

------------------

1 - 18 of 18 Posts