Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Kompressor:
Very informative. So with the intake and an exhaust you could be looking at 240hp? Wonder what a 0-60 would be.
I would venture to say that a decent exhaust in combination with the intake would net another 10 hp. That doesn't sound unreasonable.

------------------
Tony [email protected]
'01 SBM w/SRT Intake and Stickers!
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Registered
703 Posts
how bouts closing your hood and doing the dyno...??? we dont drive our cars with the hood open... so with the hood open your gettin more then what you can with the hood close

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by TRD IS300 TRD:
how bouts closing your hood and doing the dyno...??? we dont drive our cars with the hood open... so with the hood open your gettin more then what you can with the hood close
I did some runs with the hood closed, but the differences were negligible. Remember, when moving, you're going to get more air with the hood closed than when standing still with it open...

And even still, all the runs compared are with the hood open - remember, you're looking for the differences between like runs...

I've added some videos to the dyno page. Check them out.

------------------
Tony [email protected]
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited March 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sweet videos. Finally a great comparison on the difference in the sound of the engine. Quick download too! I got well over 100K/sec.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver IS300

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by Nelly:
What do I need to play MPEG-4?
Here is a very useful site: http://www.moviesoftware.net/codecs.html

Note, you need the mp4, mp42, mp43 codec.

Also note, there are many variations or hacks of Mpeg-4. From asf to divx to smr to nAVI and so on.

Note: Windows Media player does not come with these codecs nor can it download them since these codecs are not supported my Micro$oft.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by crontab:
Note: Windows Media player does not come with these codecs nor can it download them since these codecs are not supported my Micro$oft.
Not that I'm a big Microsoft fan or anything, because I'm not, but I'm playing my videos with Media Player with downloaded codecs - and I encoded the videos with Windows Media Encoder that includes the MPG4 codecs...specifically, I used the "ISO MPEG-4 Video V1" codec within WME.

------------------
Tony [email protected]
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited March 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
121 Posts
sweet...I've got to get me one of those

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
That intake DOES sound awesome. Its like another beast...

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Tony,
I really apreciate that you took the initiative to do what so many of your members have been asking for.

It also shows the SRT products being tested by independent companies and proving the claimed results.

Your dyno charts look pretty clean, however if you ever get the chance to do it again use the 4th gear and you will be able to get readings from 2500 RPM and see that the HFI kit also increases power down low.

Once again thank you so much for the time you took, this type of information benefits your members greatly and answers many of the questions regarding the HFI.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
Order Line: (301)384-7319
www.swiftracing.com
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
tony
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing