Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can use any aftermarket headers with the SRT intake or will this combination not work together. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know that if you have an SRT intake w/piggyback ECU and choose to buy an aftermarket header, you will have to send your ecu back to the company and get it reprogramed. But what if I were to get the SRT intake and later on get the xerd mid pipe? Would I have to get the ECU reprogramed? Are the headers the only thing you have to get the SRT ECU reprogarmed for???

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know that if you have an SRT intake w/piggyback ECU and choose to buy an aftermarket header, you will have to send your ecu back to the company and get it reprogramed. But what if I were to get the SRT intake and later on get the xerd mid pipe? Would I have to get the ECU reprogramed? Are the headers the only thing you have to get the SRT ECU reprogarmed for???

·
Registered
131 Posts
so, i guess aftermarket headers are the only thing the SRT ECU has to get flashed for.
But my question remains unanswerd, If I were to get the HKS hiper, xerd racing-pipe, and leave the headers stock, would the SRT ECU have to get re-flashed by the company.

·
Registered
876 Posts
nitrois300 said:
so, i guess aftermarket headers are the only thing the SRT ECU has to get flashed for.
But my question remains unanswerd, If I were to get the HKS hiper, xerd racing-pipe, and leave the headers stock, would the SRT ECU have to get re-flashed by the company.
This post http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13325613 is abot 2 down from this one and I think it answers your question. Check edgy's signature and he has exactly what you are asking about and seems to have no issues :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
gavron1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing