Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can use any aftermarket headers with the SRT intake or will this combination not work together. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know that if you have an SRT intake w/piggyback ECU and choose to buy an aftermarket header, you will have to send your ecu back to the company and get it reprogramed. But what if I were to get the SRT intake and later on get the xerd mid pipe? Would I have to get the ECU reprogramed? Are the headers the only thing you have to get the SRT ECU reprogarmed for???

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know that if you have an SRT intake w/piggyback ECU and choose to buy an aftermarket header, you will have to send your ecu back to the company and get it reprogramed. But what if I were to get the SRT intake and later on get the xerd mid pipe? Would I have to get the ECU reprogramed? Are the headers the only thing you have to get the SRT ECU reprogarmed for???

·
Registered
131 Posts
so, i guess aftermarket headers are the only thing the SRT ECU has to get flashed for.
But my question remains unanswerd, If I were to get the HKS hiper, xerd racing-pipe, and leave the headers stock, would the SRT ECU have to get re-flashed by the company.

·
Registered
876 Posts
nitrois300 said:
so, i guess aftermarket headers are the only thing the SRT ECU has to get flashed for.
But my question remains unanswerd, If I were to get the HKS hiper, xerd racing-pipe, and leave the headers stock, would the SRT ECU have to get re-flashed by the company.
This post http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13325613 is abot 2 down from this one and I think it answers your question. Check edgy's signature and he has exactly what you are asking about and seems to have no issues :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts