Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke down and actually put in the SRT Intake and the Race ECU. I wanted to put just the Race ECU but was advised not to do it. Reason for wanting just the ECU? Because I have a knock off AEM that i had concealed with black irrigation plastic piping that when opening the hood, you didn't notice the piping and barely notice the black open air filter at first glance.
Soooo, I have the SRT intake in, soldered the Race ECU per instructions. Drove around a bit, letting the engine get to normal temps. Drove 25 miles to work, drove during lunch and mashed it, my co-workers said they felt an increase in 'seat of pants' dyno. Then BLAM!!!, CEL came on.

Thoughts?
Anyone from SRT, maybe?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
i've had my SRT itnake on for almost 10 months, never once had a CEL...

I think perhaps you might have done the wiring wrong....or maybe didnt disconnect the battery and reset the ECU when you did the install??

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
i would recheck your wiring... also check to see that its connected well... and make sure none of the wires are crimped....

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I triple checked the wires prior to soldering, I was very meticously. I had the disconnected the negative prior to working with the ECU...
hmm.. now from what the seller told me, the Piggyback was flashed for headers and race pipe.
I still have the headers on and i took off the XERD due to loudness... think this could set the CEL on?

Anyone from SRT remember re-flashing an ECU from a the Los Angeles area, I'll post his name once I get home.

I'll re-install the XERD race pipe and re-set the ECU. See if it comes on again.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
your header are on? if so is the car running smooth?? with the CEL... if so i think u will need the 02 sim,

rllinghardis300 said:
I triple checked the wires prior to soldering, I was very meticously. I had the disconnected the negative prior to working with the ECU...
hmm.. now from what the seller told me, the Piggyback was flashed for headers and race pipe.
I still have the headers on and i took off the XERD due to loudness... think this could set the CEL on?

Anyone from SRT remember re-flashing an ECU from a the Los Angeles area, I'll post his name once I get home.

I'll re-install the XERD race pipe and re-set the ECU. See if it comes on again.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been running with these headers for a while now.. no CEL.
I ran with the XERD race pipe and headers and no CEL.
I got the CEL after I replaced my knock off AEM with the SRT and ECU.
Now the key here is, the CEL didn't come on right away, it actually came on say.... 40 miles of driving.
I drive 25-30 miles in stop and go highway traffic and went driving hard during lunch.

I'll put the XERD back on, check the connections, re-set the ECU, and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
try and get the CEL code

rllinghardis300 said:
I've been running with these headers for a while now.. no CEL.
I ran with the XERD race pipe and headers and no CEL.
I got the CEL after I replaced my knock off AEM with the SRT and ECU.
Now the key here is, the CEL didn't come on right away, it actually came on say.... 40 miles of driving.
I drive 25-30 miles in stop and go highway traffic and went driving hard during lunch.

I'll put the XERD back on, check the connections, re-set the ECU, and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Get the CEL codes, make sure it is realted to the intake. If you have the header on that has no Primary cats and you are not running an O2 simulator then you will get the type of CEL that you are describing.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
it's header by the way man.
we only have 1.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Sophie, I see you're from Nutsack, figures always bustin' people's nuts.. :lol:

Thanks for the info Brudda..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay..
The CEL came back on, the car feels like its misfiring when I ease off the gas.
I went to AutoZone and they use to provide a free reading of the CEL error codes. But sorry to say they no longer do it. So, suggestions on how to get the error code without going to the dealer?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
this happened to TCturbo also.

Some retard ( i wont mention who) didn't tighten the filter ontdo the intake pipe when they were in my garage installing it.

I would check tubing and connections.
The top of the filter goes to a small budonkadonk with a bracket on it.
Sure that's attached and the wire plug is connected to it?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
u got any freinds in any local performance shops?? thats how i got mine read.

Right now i have CEL light also, all i need is the 02 sim to fix that.

how is the car in acceleration??

is it anythin like this??
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=133690291&highlight=#133690291

I dont think you have that issue, but just seeing if you do, the fix for that after dumping X - amount of $$$ into it was just 2 of the 02 sensors on the header was in the wrong bank.. was a little mad abt that

rllinghardis300 said:
Okay..
The CEL came back on, the car feels like its misfiring when I ease off the gas.
I went to AutoZone and they use to provide a free reading of the CEL error codes. But sorry to say they no longer do it. So, suggestions on how to get the error code without going to the dealer?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Raf,
what happens is it idles fine, when I mash the gas, it bogs and takes off, but when I ease off, it feels like its backfiring..
I just ordered a SIM from Casper electronics, it should get here by sometime next week.
I may not be able to make it to the LuxuaryMotorworks meet.. :-(

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
when i had that issue with the SRT Intake i called marken at SRT he said to STOP resetting the ECU, and run the car like that for around 200 miles.. and the piggy back will adjust itself.. I would call marken at SRT...

rllinghardis300 said:
Raf,
what happens is it idles fine, when I mash the gas, it bogs and takes off, but when I ease off, it feels like its backfiring..
I just ordered a SIM from Casper electronics, it should get here by sometime next week.
I may not be able to make it to the LuxuaryMotorworks meet.. :-(

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Get the CEL codes, make sure it is realted to the intake. If you have the header on that has no Primary cats and you are not running an O2 simulator then you will get the type of CEL that you are describing.
Hey SRT, i got the code readings: PO 172 and PO 175. The mech said, banks 1 and 2 running too rich.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Hey SRT, i got the code readings: PO 172 and PO 175. The mech said, banks 1 and 2 running too rich.

Suggestions on how to fix this?
P0172 is that your system is running too rich. Your MAF sensor is either dirty, or you have an air leak somewhere. Also the same code occurs if any other intake is used with our ECU.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.