Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering will a Apexi SAFC II work with the ecu from the srt intake? Didnt know if they were compatible or not.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
they do the same thing. It's like putting on 2 right shoes.

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
Re: hey

yes, but you'll need to tune it properly first. unless you are getting a header I wouldn't worry about it. The ecu that srt is a fitted shoe whereas the SAFC is a shoe that still doesn't have laces and might need a insole to fit right(to continue sophie's analogy).

sidetracked3 said:
So could I take off the ecu and just use the apexi afc?

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Re: hey

IS_Dude said:
yes, but you'll need to tune it properly first. unless you are getting a header I wouldn't worry about it. The ecu that srt is a fitted shoe whereas the SAFC is a shoe that still doesn't have laces and might need a insole to fit right(to continue sophie's analogy).

sidetracked3 said:
So could I take off the ecu and just use the apexi afc?
and in this case a fitted shoe is ok because the guy who made it knows that all the feet are pretty much the same size.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
did you guys know that the srt r-ecu has 2 presets 1. regular intake mode 2. intake/header mode
to continue the analogy the srt ecu is kinda a one-size fits all shoe it changes sizes once your feet gets bigger, in this case the more mods you add to your car

someone told me on the forums, i was skeptical but i emailed and marken told me it was true

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.