Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I don't like to use words :lol:

I have the PLP silent flow right now and thinking about getting an SRT intake....

Any thoughts on that versus keeping the PLP and adding an AFC to try and do the same type of thing? Costs are about comparable from the options that I have...

· Registered
135 Posts
davefisher said:
Yes, I don't like to use words :lol:

I have the PLP silent flow right now and thinking about getting an SRT intake....

Any thoughts on that versus keeping the PLP and adding an AFC to try and do the same type of thing? Costs are about comparable from the options that I have...
I don't know about hp #'s between the two, but I'd go with the AFC. It will be much more useful in the future if you need more tuning.

· Premium Member
2,052 Posts
you should really do a search on this this topic comes up all the time

to sum it up

you already have the intake so get the afc if you area planning to do any other mods like headers, race pipe, but you will have to pay also for dyno and tuning

you could get the srt hfi and also get headers but your results wont be as good w/ the afc because you cant tune it, so get the srt if you dont plan on a lot of performance mods if not go w/ the afc

· Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah, I was on that track... I'm just indecisive and don't know if I'd ever go headers/pipe later. I've heard the GReddy Evo that I have with a XERD pipe and header, and it sounded so loud. It's on the "Exhaust Clips" thread that has the video of the greddy/header/pipe combo. It's wayyy too shrill of a sound. I want to keep the low growl over the high pitched race sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.