Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my latest gen. srt intake with ecu about a month ago, I undid the battery cable and pumped the brake to run out all of the power out of the wires like I was supposed to and did the install.
I cranked the car, let it idle for 20 mins and hit the street. The first thing I noticed was the new sound of the intake, outside the car at idle it sound like there is a vacuum cleaner being run under the hood lol, sweet, but driving, once you hit 3k rpm the throttle body really opens up and the intake roars. THe power increase I thought was really not worth the $500 it cost to purchase it. That was until I drove it about 600 miles, prob. 400 hwy mph in excess of 80+mph, I took the car all the way up 120 a couple times, just seeing how it felt.

All of a sudden the car has an entirely new feel the ecu seems to have learned a fuel curve of A/F ratio that works b/c it definetly feel much more powerful. The intake sound has also changed form much like a exhaust drone to a intense surging sound. Just thought I would tell everyone that installed the srt intake on their car that the 80+ 100+110+ hwy driving seems to have tuned my ecu the way it should be. Hopes this helps those hundreds of .netters with the srt intake. ;)

Oh on a seperate note, I know monkeypee installed his headers with his srt already in an MO told him that a reflash wasnt neccesary, anyone else do this, b/c I am considering headers, and I dont feel entirely certain that I want to put them on if I need to reflash my ecu. Anyone with input is much apprec. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
With my old SRT and header Y pipe and Greddy ehaust with HKS cam gear I was at 13.7:1 air fuel. Thats near perfect and no additional tuning.

·
Registered
253 Posts
bond said:
With my old SRT and header Y pipe and Greddy ehaust with HKS cam gear I was at 13.7:1 air fuel. Thats near perfect and no additional tuning.
How did you know you had a 13.7:1 A/F? Did you have a A/F gauge?... I thought that 14.7:1 is the best combustion for a internal engine

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
lexis3oo said:
How did you know you had a 13.7:1 A/F? Did you have a A/F gauge?... I thought that 14.7:1 is the best combustion for a internal engine
Only at stoich. Anytime the accelerator is even slightly depressed, it reverts to 12.xx or richer AF ratio. 13.7 is very good for NA.

·
Registered
253 Posts
kponti said:
Only at stoich. Anytime the accelerator is even slightly depressed, it reverts to 12.xx or richer AF ratio. 13.7 is very good for NA.
Thanks for clearing things up for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts