Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as new though.... i'm looking for used too. not sure which way i want to go.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Wino_II said:
Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota sells them for $525 shipped.
prob the best deal next to ebay

SRT used to have a couple auctioned on ebay for $500
they still come up here and there

used SRT HFI kits are around $300 so you might wanna consider that

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's up with removed SRT/ECU kits that are used... how can you be sure people removed the wiring correctly and didn't just rip it off?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
davefisher said:
what's up with removed SRT/ECU kits that are used... how can you be sure people removed the wiring correctly and didn't just rip it off?
they prob removed it beacuse they either didnt like the added noise or went w/ FI and about the wiring on the ecu, you cant be sure its a risk by taking their word for it or buying anything used

goodluck!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
davefisher said:
What do you mean by rip it off? That would be utterly retarded if one would yank any ECU mod out of their ECU because they could damage their ECU, a ~$3000 peice of equipment.

Plus after one removes the ECU, they must re-solder the wires back in order for the car to even operate.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crontab said:
davefisher said:
What do you mean by rip it off? That would be utterly retarded if one would yank any ECU mod out of their ECU because they could damage their ECU, a ~$3000 peice of equipment.

Plus after one removes the ECU, they must re-solder the wires back in order for the car to even operate.

-crontab -l
exactly. but some people are stupid. just plain stupid :cry:

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
I'm selling mine. I have some people waiting but everyone seems to be backing out.

And I don't think very many people would be stupid enough to yank out the wiring. Even if they did, it wouldn't effect the piggy ecu.

Think about it this way...what sort of "use" does an intake go through. Air passes through it. Does it wear and tear? No. Only the filter gets used but it's a cleanable filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts