Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any CAT issues after installing SRT? My CEL light came on and now under heavy throttle it smells like rotten eggs. I have had my SRT on for about 1000 miles. Has anyone else had this issue? It is at Lexus as we speak.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
NPB4ME said:
Has anyone had any CAT issues after installing SRT? My CEL light came on and now under heavy throttle it smells like rotten eggs. I have had my SRT on for about 1000 miles. Has anyone else had this issue? It is at Lexus as we speak.
Sounds like a bad cat rather than an SRT issues. I've had my SRT on for 30k miles.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Ditto on everything including mileage.

SophieSleeps said:
Sounds like a bad cat rather than an SRT issues. I've had my SRT on for 30k miles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They just called and said the car is running rich. They replaced the MAF under warranty because they think that is what is reading wrong. I am at 5200 feet, so everything runs really rich up here. Even if the computer adjusts itself, I still lose the normal 10-15% in power over you sea level guys. Kinda sucks. Oh, they said it did not hurt my CATS.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
That's pretty nice of the dealership to replace your MAF even though you have an aftermarket intake. Let us know if that was the culprit.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far no CEL. They said it wasn't dirty at all (because I had cleaned it the day before) so they didn't know why it threw the CEL. Must be bad the tech said. Plus, since you can buy a SRT from a few Lexus dealerships, they accepted it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts