Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used the blackbox on any other intakes other than the srt one. isnt it basically the same thing? of course air flow volume may be off a lil. but could u still get some gains. just wondering if i could strap it on maybe a PLP intake etc.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
has anyone used the blackbox on any other intakes other than the srt one. isnt it basically the same thing? of course air flow volume may be off a lil. but could u still get some gains. just wondering if i could strap it on maybe a PLP intake etc.

I believe it won't work properly..the recu is there because SRT pipes are a little bigger so if you use a PLP to it, more fuel will be mixed in with less air.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lol when I changed to the K&N from the SRT I left it in there to move the car from the pariking pace to a drive way where I could solder in my SAFC II. It ran like crap. Almost to the point of stalling. Don't try it.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
blondebond said:
Lol when I changed to the K&N from the SRT I left it in there to move the car from the pariking pace to a drive way where I could solder in my SAFC II. It ran like crap. Almost to the point of stalling. Don't try it.
Why the change? Do you like the K&N/SAFC better?

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's a little quieter and a lot nicer looking in the engine bay. I mainly just wanted to try something different. I also have an SAFC II now as well. I don't know if I'll do any better power wise but overal just wanted to spend more money I guess. lol ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
But if you wanna sell that SRT black box sell it to me....

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Sophiesleeps and I put the SRT r-ECU in my car with my old RMM intake and it didn't work. The car was running too rich and it stalls after a few seconds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts