Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been contemplating boosting my 2JZ-GE in my IS300 for a while now, and us Aussies always look towards the USA for info (as traditionally we have always tinkered with GM/Ford products which hail from the USA)

It seems as far as turbo kits go (I hate the word kit, it reminds you of those nasty ebay type kits) the SRT 2.75 kit seems to be the way to go.

My question is though has anyone ever installed this on a RHD vehicle? Will I have any clearance problems with the dumpipe or the FMIC as in Australia we run the altezza front bumper which is shorter then the USDM bumper?

Please see pics below for RHD v's LHD

RHD:

LHD

As you can see there doesn't seem to be too much difference between the two with the naked eye. If anything the RHD layout has more room as the battery is on the other side of the engine bay. The inlet pipe etc is all on the same side (naturally) I have read that in LHD applications you have to relocate the ABS block, will this apply to me? and why do you have to relocate it in a LHD application?

Also can anyone please post what they have dynoed at on a Dyno Dynamics dyno with this kit? we don't run a mustang/jet dyno here in OZ which typically read a lot higher then a D/D dyno (I have seen one post which stated he ran 330 odd HP @ RW on a D/D dyno @ 11psi)

Any advice comments in regards to this kit woudl be appreciated

Cheers

Reactions: IS1000

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
You're best bet is to ask Mo at SRT on whether or not the kit can be installed on a LHD IS300. From the looks of things, your ABS isn't in the way but your master cylinder might pose a problem. Again ask Mo to get the correct answer. Also typical 400-450 rwhp (Dyno Jet) cars put down roughly 340-380 rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats standard Australian delivered (RHD) its right beside the booster.

And the master cylinder is and will be fine.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
with the turbo giving off even more heat, i wonder how it will affect the master cylinder..
master cylinder shouldnt be an issue. its further back behind the strut tower so the pipeing wont come close to it.

if heat is concern you can just fab up a little heat sheild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts