Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have problems with their aftermarket sway bars squeeking? I didn't until the weather got really cold these last couple of days.

I"m guessing it could either be the salt accumulation on the bushings, or the silicon not working well in low temperatures. Any ideas on this?

I'll probably get my car on a lift this weekend to lube it up again and see what's up. Just wondering if anybody else has this problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mousey sways

My advice is to buy some silicone grease with Molybdinim. The Moly bonds to the metal and is very slick. I picked some up at a Napa Auto Parts store. The name on the tube is Sil-Glide. Also if you can't find that the other option is to wrap the bar with teflon pipe thread tape, or even do both.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think my TRD sways squeak too but it could be something else. However, I'm forced the stock bushings (barely fits) on my TRD sways because when I got the sways they didn't come with bushings. Do you guys know if that will affect its performance? Or do the bushings just simply hold the sway bars up?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already fixed the problem. I got a chance to put my car on a lift and regrease the bushings. There was a lot of dirt and gunk around the bushings. Cleaned out all the dirt on the bushings and the sway bar then smeared on some lithium grease. We'll see how they hold out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
inphinit
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing