Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and found nothing relevant. I did my L-tuned spring install at Lexus over a month ago followed by a TRD sway install. I notice that the instant JUST prior to a complete stop, I get a squeek from the car. I would say it's around the point where the car beings to "recoil" after braking. The sway bushings were well lubricated and don't make any other noise so I don't think that's the cause. I've talked to Lexus and they are going to get back to me later on since the guy is off today. I just want to be prepared for any BS they'll give me cuz I didn't have them do the sway install :roll: . If somebody has some advice to fix the problem, I'll probably do it myself.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i know my car squeaked a few months after installing the sway bars, i had the bushings lubed when i went in for my service and the squeaking stopped, are you positive they were installed correctly (not backwards), just a thought

did you use a spray lube or did you slap some grease on the bushings

did lexus install the springs correctly, are the l-tuned springs shorter in the front or rear?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inochi3 said:
i know my car squeaked a few months after installing the sway bars, i had the bushings lubed when i went in for my service and the squeaking stopped, are you positive they were installed correctly (not backwards), just a thought

did you use a spray lube or did you slap some grease on the bushings

did lexus install the springs correctly, are the l-tuned springs shorter in the front or rear?
Yeah, I'm 100% sure the sways were installed correctly. We slapped quite a bit of grease on the bushings and on the sways when we did the install. The squeaking only occurs just as the car comes to a complete stop - nothing during cornering or going up the driveway, etc. The squeak is more of a metal-on-metal sound than a bushing.

From what I can see, all 4 corners look okay in terms of ride height. I'm still waiting to hear back from Lexus to see what they are going to do.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Check the sway bar bolts on the front, they could be loose. I had a horrable noise coming from under my car, it started small, and got louder and louder. Turns out it was the bolt where the sway bars were. I put some tread lock on them puppies and tightened them up. Went away. My Eibach springs dont make any noise unless going over a speed bump, where they make that rubbery sound.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thedon said:
Check the sway bar bolts on the front, they could be loose. I had a horrable noise coming from under my car, it started small, and got louder and louder. Turns out it was the bolt where the sway bars were. I put some tread lock on them puppies and tightened them up. Went away. My Eibach springs dont make any noise unless going over a speed bump, where they make that rubbery sound.
Which bolts? The ones on the end or the ones for the sway linkages? I'll check them this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Platinum288 said:
thedon said:
Which bolts? The ones on the end or the ones for the sway linkages? I'll check them this weekend. Thanks for the tip.
Im not saying its this. Because you are describing a sqeak, and for mine it was something that started off like a cranky sound then it got worse and worse.
Since you mentioned sway bars I thought its one thing to check anyway.
you need an allen wrench and a normal wrench to tighten it if it is. Add some tread lock to it too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts