Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have the car lowered with H&R springs, koni shocks and sway bars as well. Recently as i am pulling into gas stations or anyother place that has some kind of ramp and the car has to go up on it, even big speed bumps.. I hear squeaky sound, in the roof, and body of the car. Like the car is being twisted due to the ramp a bit and it is twisting the body and makes those sounds. I am not really happy with them as it is a lexus and not a tercel that should have all the sounds immaginable. Have others have that problem and anything i can do to resolve it ? Any help appreciated, i want it to be squeaky free :) Thanx.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i hear you, i have a case of the creaks/rattles/squeeks too.

1. sunroof constantly creaks. i've taken it in to get in lubricated but it's a lost cause, it just comes back. perhaps it's not the sunroof at all though...

2. passenger door speaker grill was loose and rattled. after months they finally replaced the entire door panel. it fixed the problem for a couple months, now the replacement is rattling again.

3. right/front suspension (not sure exact cause yet) just started squeeking when going over speed bumps. i lubed the sway bushings as they were bone dry but that didn't fix it (altho i didn't expect it to). i also made sure everything was tight. no difference...lexus brushed me off and would not even look at the issue since i have "aftermarket suspension parts." i'm going to take the suspension apart this weekend anyway and will lube the bushings. we'll see if that does the trick.

i hear you tho, it doesn't seem like a lexus sometimes. i've heard a ton of other users have similar complaints tho. not that that makes it right, just sayin...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shitty, I dont think its the sways. It just makes the sounds from all over the car :-? . I guess the bolts and things are getting looser and looser due to stiffer suspencion and they make sounds and whatnot. Ahh well, i guess ill just live with it, maybe if im really bored and have too much time ill try to take off the panels and see if the screws are on tight.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Might be a really stupid suggestion, but maybe strut tower bars would help stiffen and re-enforce some of the areas causing the body to stress and give so much. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
444 Posts
BlackSportD said:
Might be a really stupid suggestion, but maybe strut tower bars would help stiffen and re-enforce some of the areas causing the body to stress and give so much. Good luck bro.
got those, unfortunately no help...

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
hoss said:
i hear you, i have a case of the creaks/rattles/squeeks too.

1. sunroof constantly creaks. i've taken it in to get in lubricated but it's a lost cause, it just comes back. perhaps it's not the sunroof at all though...

2. passenger door speaker grill was loose and rattled. after months they finally replaced the entire door panel. it fixed the problem for a couple months, now the replacement is rattling again.

3. right/front suspension (not sure exact cause yet) just started squeeking when going over speed bumps. i lubed the sway bushings as they were bone dry but that didn't fix it (altho i didn't expect it to). i also made sure everything was tight. no difference...lexus brushed me off and would not even look at the issue since i have "aftermarket suspension parts." i'm going to take the suspension apart this weekend anyway and will lube the bushings. we'll see if that does the trick.

i hear you tho, it doesn't seem like a lexus sometimes. i've heard a ton of other users have similar complaints tho. not that that makes it right, just sayin...
now that i lowered my car 6k later now my sunroof squaks a lil bit i noticed it the other day, ill get some lube!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.