Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:x OK SO DOES ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR DRIVERS SEAT MAKING A WEIRD SQUEAKING NOISE??? I HAD IT FIXED AND NOW ITS HAPPENING AGAIN AND I HAVE A 2002 IS300.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I believe it's the seatbelt anchor that causes the squeaking. Try lubing it up, that should take care of it.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Yup...one drop of oil on the large seatbelt anchor bolt (the one between the seat and center console) and it'll be cured. Very commom problem on the IS300.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah my does that too..only on my side though not the passengers.

ALSO, do you guys here creaking/twisting sound from like the pillars or the roof when you drive usually when you enter a parking lot for example(you know the upramp where if you enter it from an angle i guess it twists ur car)? its annoying but i think i narrow it down to the moonroof :-?

·
Registered
557 Posts
The other problem is around the female part that accepts the buckle. I had the dealer replace mine. He said it's a know problem for skinny people (apparently it wears at the wrong angle), which I think is inexcusable given this described the average japanese person. Anyway, he said that since Lexus hasn't redesigned the part, if the problem occured again they'd have to "manipulate" (i.e., bend, as he clarified) the metal buckle.

·
15,322 Posts
armus said:
The other problem is around the female part that accepts the buckle. I had the dealer replace mine. He said it's a know problem for skinny people (apparently it wears at the wrong angle), which I think is inexcusable given this described the average japanese person. Anyway, he said that since Lexus hasn't redesigned the part, if the problem occured again they'd have to "manipulate" (i.e., bend, as he clarified) the metal buckle.
female part, lol!

a lot of ppl have had this "problem" where the seat seems to be squeaking, when in reality it is just the seat belt receptor, where it is anchored to the car, one drop of wd-40 will solve it for good. no need to replace anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
DonCorleone
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing