Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a driver seat that sounds like a 1964 Volvo? I only way 160 lbs and I don’t jump on it… this is the second time, i had the problem fixed once, now the squeak is back…

also any one having a problem with the leather on there steering wheel? mine is not smooth anymore, feels like sand paper…

·
Registered
670 Posts
lexlucid said:
Does anyone have a driver seat that sounds like a 1964 Volvo? I only way 160 lbs and I don’t jump on it… this is the second time, i had the problem fixed once, now the squeak is back…

also any one having a problem with the leather on there steering wheel? mine is not smooth anymore, feels like sand paper…
As far as the seat goes, I had a sqeakie problem... Lexus told me that it was due to combination of my seat belt buckle being lose and seat hinges and rails were dry.... so they lubed it...

so take it to dealer... and have them take care of it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the thing, i already did that like 2months ago, they replaced the whole track and back inner pad.. at least thats what they told me... so your dealer only said it was dry hinges and rails... humm im gonna call them mon about that

·
Registered
70 Posts
lexlucid said:
thats the thing, i already did that like 2months ago, they replaced the whole track and back inner pad.. at least thats what they told me... so your dealer only said it was dry hinges and rails... humm im gonna call them mon about that
I had the same problem. Lexus tech told me that Lexus had a tech advisory on the squeaky seat so he "fixed" the padding and framing inside. No luck however, it turns out it was my seat belt buckle receiver. I just took a can of spray lube (WD-40 or spray grease) and sprayed it in the area where the receiver is attached to the seat. I haven't had any problems ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.