Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my IS300 for about two months now, and on my way home from a freindly poker game tonight, I noticed that the body of the car would "creak" as I drove up my driveway or made a turn. It almost sounds like the noise is coming from the junction between the moonroof and the body, but I cannot be sure. Has anyone else experienced similar noises? I plan on brining the car to the dealer tomorrow, but would like to have a more specific problem other than "my car makes noise." Thanks guys!

Ciao!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well ive had my IS200 for almost 2years now, my moonroof "creaks" also when the car's body flexes over uneven surfaces. We found that a "loose" plastic trim on the moonroof is the culprit, however, we left it untouched since replacing a new plastic trim may not prove to b d solution of a "flexing" car body/chassis. Wat about u???any ideas???of solutions to this???

·
Registered
40 Posts
My cousin and I both have the same noises in our IS's.. I doubt Lexus can fix it.

Originally posted by chrisangelini:
I've had my IS300 for about two months now, and on my way home from a freindly poker game tonight, I noticed that the body of the car would "creak" as I drove up my driveway or made a turn. It almost sounds like the noise is coming from the junction between the moonroof and the body, but I cannot be sure. Has anyone else experienced similar noises? I plan on brining the car to the dealer tomorrow, but would like to have a more specific problem other than "my car makes noise." Thanks guys!

Ciao!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I think the IS is known to have squeaking interior noise. You'll get more... I got noise coming from the sunroof switch area when it is tilt, from the b pillar and dash. I had the dealer correct them, but I am kind of giving up. I guess the stiff suspension and hard plastic interior don't go well together!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
all my squeaks are coming from the moonroof, it is the plastic around it in the inside. i am now getting a clank in the rear end, when i go over speed bumps and when i make turn out of a driveway it makes the noise in all 4 corners, but not all at once.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem you guys are having when I enter my driveway at an angle the car's frame is bent so it squeaks. I didn't know it was the moonroof part but I did notice it coming from the metat rod from the seatbelts. The metal rod seatbelt that is placed between our seat and the middle console. I think I held the metal against our seat and that stop the squeaking. I'll try it again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think that noise is caused by normal body flex...mine does this too, but so did my Camaro. I've just learned not to pay too much attention to it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts