Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I hit the brakes to come to a full stop, there is always a squeaking sound like metal creaking. I also get this sound sometimes in the mornings and when I take turns slowly. However the braking noise can only be heard when the windows are down. Could it possibly have anything to do with the springs bushings?

·
Registered
965 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
Whenever I hit the brakes to come to a full stop, there is always a squeaking sound like metal creaking. I also get this sound sometimes in the mornings and when I take turns slowly. However the braking noise can only be heard when the windows are down. Could it possibly have anything to do with the springs bushings?
Could it just be the mechanical sound of the calipers??

This summer I just started hearing these noises, then got my pads replaced (not because of the noise but because I knew I had too). THe noise was still there, so a few months later I had a different shop check them out and they said it all ok- just the sound of the calipers. Does your car have some miles on it like mine -62K? Maybe that's just a sign of older brakes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It could be a number of things but i doubt its anything serious. Lets see, could be pad noise against the rotor, could be vibration of the pad against the pistons, or it could be the little metal plate on the back of the pad squeaking. I don't know if your worried about damage or if it just annoys you but I would say if it were serious you would definately know.(decreased brake function, constant noise when applied regardless of speed and pedal pressure, etc.)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
i've noticed the same noises on my car too. but mine's only 3.5 months old. i figured it's just normal creaking?? and it's not super noticeable unless i have my windows open. the brakes are just noisier than i'm used to...

·
Registered
35 Posts
This seems to be pretty common with these cars, you would think a manufacturer like toyota selling a 30k plus car could figure out how to get them to NOT do that :roll:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- mine squeek when they are cold.... when im leaving work at night... even when my car was BRAND new

·
Registered
643 Posts
i believe u can buy a spray or some paste things to make the noise go way. check your auto store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts