Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. New to the Forum. I got my is350 a year ago... but just decided to join this forum.. until now.. i've just been lurking around this forum...

i have this big problem.. and hopefully you guys could shead some light on this.

I get these really squeakin... like metal to metal... like there is no more break pads left... noise.. especially in the mornings when get into the car and hit my first couple break.

is this normal? my ODO reads 13.5K. i really didn't think this was normal so I took my car to the dealer... and they said that it was moisture that was collected in the break, so this is normal... no fix.
i haven't seen any is350's around here that makes that kinda noise..

any feedback or help will be apprieciated.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have 6K on my 350 and I do get noise when I park outside overnight. I get more of a high pitched groan when it's early in the morning and everything is cold and moist. Other then that I don't hear a thing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It is possible to go thorugh your pads in about 15k if you drive really hard, I'd change them if they are down to nothing. If you find that you actually do have plenty of pad left though, bed your brakes hard. Just do about 8 hard stops in a row...from 60 to 5 mph and then drive lightly without stopping to get some air flow across them for a few minutes. I bet they will work great and silently after that.

Eric

·
Registered
96 Posts
my brakes used to squeal too, but i had the dealership change it from a soft composite brake pad to a ceramic one. the guy said that squeaky breaks were normal for a soft composite so he couldnt do anything about it, so he listed the reason for the switch was because of excessive break dust. you can try that out and get a brand new set of break pads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My brakes do it really bad first thing in the morning and its not even that cool here during the night. Normally doesn't drop lower than 72 73 degrees. My pads are fine. I just tap the brakes as I am backing out of my carport and the squeaking goes away.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, this is a normal occurance. I have already had the pads changed out due to that un-godly squel once. The TSIB covered that once, but I have chalked it up to the cooling process and condensation that builds because if it overnight. My girl is garage kept and backed in so I leave my garage door 1.5 inches open to keep air flow to the fronts but as an experiment, results were marginal ... work around is to tab the brakes 3-4 times as I pull from the garage to the end of the driveway... to work out the condensation. Shy of new pads every time at $380 a pop, and NO metal to metal contact.. I think that I like my work around better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mines started squeaking at 7k, took it to the dealership complained about it and they hooked me up with free breakpads. problem fixed no more squeaking and that metal to metal feeling went away, so maybe it could be ur breakpads?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts