Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brakes making a lite sound sometimes... I bought the car brand new and it's around 3400miles... anyone had this experience?
I just bought my 2008 IS-F and I'm getting the same sound. It's usually at speeds of 10-0 mph while coasting to a stop. I read it on the Lexusf.com forum. Not uch to do except trying to go out and use the brakes hard a few times on the highway (80-60, 60-40, 40-0) hoping to burn off a film that apparently builds on the brembo brakes in the cold weather. If you hear otherwise please let me know...

·
Premium Member
23,141 Posts
I just bought my 2008 IS-F and I'm getting the same sound. It's usually at speeds of 10-0 mph while coasting to a stop. I read it on the Lexusf.com forum. Not uch to do except trying to go out and use the brakes hard a few times on the highway (80-60, 60-40, 40-0) hoping to burn off a film that apparently builds on the brembo brakes in the cold weather. If you hear otherwise please let me know...
If you do this ( deglazing) dont come to a complete stop. You can leave pad deposits on the rotors which will make them feel warped. Stop braking at like 5mph

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's normal on this car, you have to burn up the dust (few decent speed hard brakings) or have them regular cleaned when getting maintenance. For me it always comes back since I hardly break hard enough (city driving) so once in a while when safe I romp on the brakes a few times in a row to heat them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.