Lexus IS Forum banner

SQ Amp and Sub Setup

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  OZIS200 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am after a nice sounding SQ sub and amp for my car and here is two systems which have been recommended:

Recommended setup no. 1:
AMP: Rockford Fosgate Punch 601S - 2CH 600W
SUB: Rockford Fosgate RFP4812 12" - 150 watts RMS/300 watts peak.

Recommended setup no. 2:
AMP: Blaupunkt GTA2200 2 x 200 watts / 1 x 600 watts
SUB: Kicker 12" Comp VR sub CVR12

Which one do you think is better, or are there any changes which you would recommend?

Also, I know the Rockford amp has speaer level inputs but does the Blaukpunkt have speaker level inputs? I could not find it listed on the Blaukpunkt Australia website

BTW - I am after SQ, but I want to be able to feel the bass as well. The sub will be in a sealed enclosure too. The rest of the system will be kept completely stock

Many thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't bother with any of the rockford stuff. There are a bizillion different setups you can get that will sound nice even with the llc's. If you run a search there's a ton of posts about this with plenty of info.

As far as your choices are concerned, I would go with the second setup, but I don't know anything about blau amps (didn't even know they made them). I think that if we had an idea of your budget, this would be much easier for us to help you with.

If you really want sq, you're going to need to ditch the stock deck, speakers and amp for better ones. Simply adding a sub is not going to give you very good sq because the stock speakers alone are not very good (compared to a good sq setup. for a stock system they sound great).

#6 ·
hey im doing something similar to what you're doing, im just going for SQ.. but my setups are completely different

i have 2 eclipse 12s with a 1100 watt amp.. i bought i off of another .net member awhile back, but it sounds really nice, im sure you can find just 1 sub with 1 amp for under your budget, but you will still need an amp kit

right now im in the processing of putting in an Alpine CDA 7995 and Diamond M6 or Hex series in the front and back

but yea like the rest say, don't go for fosgate or kickers, those were meant to just be loud, and loud only

#7 ·
Okay cool
I am leaning towards the second setup, but with a Crossfire amp

The VR142:
Bridgeable 2 channel amplifier, 35Wx2RMS, 140W Max., Switchable 6dB boost at 45Hz, Variable Highpass/Lowpass Crossover from 50 to500Hz, Input sensitivity selector switch, MOSFET power supply, Nickel plated connectors, 5 way protection circuit, 2 ohm stable 9.3"W x 2.1"H x 8.5"L

Would this be enough to power the Kicker 12" amp which is 400 W/RMS, 800 W/Peak.
Or should i go one step up?

TIA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.