Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2010 Audi RS5 has been caught again on video testing at the Nürburgring. It looks almost completely undisguised which leads us to believe a public unveiling is not far off. Providing a harmonious soundtrack to accompany the video wasn't going to be necessary as the RS5 engine already comes with such a beautiful roaring sound.

Although specs are still some way from being released, it's known that power comes from a twin-turbo 4.2-litre V8 with around 450hp (330kW). Quattro 4WD is standard, as is a 6-speed manual gearbox. A 7-speed double clutch R tronic is a possibility given that rivals also employ these new double-clutch changers. The RS5 should be able to rush from 0 - 100km/h in about 5 seconds with a top speed limited to 250km/h.

Enjoy the video clip while waiting for July 2010 (according the Audi 2012 rollout schedule) when the RS5 hits the streets.
Spy Video: Audi RS5 Caught Undisguised at Nurburgring - worldcarfans

Click link for video.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Looks like a S5, wish they would have flared the fenders like the RS4.

The RS5 should be able to rush from 0 - 100km/h in about 5 seconds with a top speed limited to 250km/h.
I would certainly hope it can do a 0-62MPH in under 5 with a TT 4.2 v8, what a dumb statement.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I would certainly hope it can do a 0-62MPH in under 5 with a TT 4.2 v8, what a dumb statement.
Yeah, the BMW M3 can do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds(coupe). That has a naturally aspirated 4.0 liter v8 that has 295 foot pounds of torque and 414 Horsepower.

This has 450 horses and it's turbo charged, but yet it's slower to 60. What gives?

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Yeah, the BMW M3 can do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds(coupe). That has a naturally aspirated 4.0 liter v8 that has 295 foot pounds of torque and 414 Horsepower.

This has 450 horses and it's turbo charged, but yet it's slower to 60. What gives?
"under 5 seconds" can as easily mean 4.1 as 4.9, RS5 should easily be able to match M3 and IS-F 0-60 numbers.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"under 5 seconds" can as easily mean 4.1 as 4.9, RS5 should easily be able to match M3 and IS-F 0-60 numbers.
You don't think it'll be able to match the C63's?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Agreed. I'd like to see the integrated rear spoiler as well.

To me, it looks too close to the S4.... I have always loved the more understated look from Audi, but from an RS I would expect a little more aggression displayed in the design

·
Registered
23,822 Posts

It's an Audi, therefore it likely weighs over two tons.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I am surprised it does not get more power out of the 4.2 TT. The RS4 had 420 out of the N/A 4.2. This is TT and only gets 30 more hp? They are probably pulling this engine straight from the old RS6, which had 444 hp, but they could easily get more power from it. It is an RS!! These are supposed to be top of the line performing cars. The RS5 is not supposed to receive competition from cars like the C63, ISF, and M3. This is supposed to compete with CLS, M5, and other cars like that. They need to crank the boost on this thing, or give it the TT V10 from the upcoming RS6 to be competitive.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
The RS5 is not supposed to receive competition from cars like the C63, ISF, and M3. This is supposed to compete with CLS, M5, and other cars like that.
RS6 goes against the M5.

Audi's lineup is so extensive that their cars aren't directly targeting anything it would seem. They have cars that overlap what the competitions has.

RS4 and RS5 could both go against the M3, IS-F and C63.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts