Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AutoBlog said:
What you're gawking at appear to be the first undisguised images of Hyundai's forthcoming Sonata sedan caught by the folks at Hyundai Blog during what appears to be a photo shoot (check out the interior cutaway above), likely in its home market of Korea (check out the badging on the decklid).

If only in looks and not in price, the 2011 Sonata appears to be making a concerted move for the premium end of the midsize swimming pool, what with its more rakish roofline and expressive design. We've heard for some time that the Sonata was to gain a four-door coupe profile and more assertive fascias front and rear, and these dark, grainy photos cinch those details for us, although the car's aesthetics don't appear to be so radical as to be off-putting or even terribly divisive. Without looking too hard, we can see little bits of various competitors in the model's design, but overall the Sonata still manages to look quite fresh.

We'll have to wait until we see the car in the metal for ourselves to pass judgment (or at least get a gander at a few higher-quality photographs - especially a dead-on profile), but thus far, we continued to be encouraged why what we see
Spy Pics Here:
Spy Shots: Are you the 2011 Hyundai Sonata? — Autoblog

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Not feeling the front but that back end is quite aggressive.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
the exterior looks similar to the Lexus ES series or the Camry. the interior looks copied from the IS and Caddy CTS.

·
27,116 Posts
The front end seems a bit too aggressive for me in regards to the market segment this car is in. But everything else about the car seems nice. You can't deny tho that this interior has been influenced by Lexus!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Es350 Ftw!

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drip, Drip, Drip - More 2010 Hyundai Sonata images find their way onto the interwebs

(Sept. 1, 2009) Hyundai Motor Company is ready to start taking orders tomorrow for its all-new Sonata, codenamed YF, ahead of the car's official launch Sept 10th in the Korea domestic market. In replacing the NF Sonata which was launched in Sept. 2004, Hyundai decided to retain the Sonata name as the mid-size car has been Korea's perennial best-seller.

The new Sonata is fitted with a 6-speed automatic transmission and delivers gratifying performance through its 2-liter Theta II gasoline engine. Delivering 12.8 kilometers per liter, it achieves the highest fuel economy in its segment. In addition, safety has been upgraded with Vehicle Dynamic Control now supplied as a standard feature.

*VDC : Improves the safety of a vehicle's stability by detecting and minimizing skids.

The overall comfort has been enhanced through a variety of new technologies and premium specifications such as a panoramic sunroof, gear shift paddles attached to the steering wheel, and a push-button starting system.

The rendering preview features coupe like body style and exudes a dynamic image. The front side communicates an image of strength through a wide radiator grill and sharp-edged headlamp.

The flowing coupe-like lines of the new Sonata eloquently express Hyundai's "fluidic sculpture" design language, a new design direction that will play a pivotal role in enhancing the brand. Hyundai is confident that the new Sonata, equipped with the company's latest technologies, will continue the long string of successes earned by Sonata over the years.

Since the launch of the very first generation Sonata in October 1985 in Korea, 4.45 million units of Sonata have been sold worldwide. In 2004, Sonata earned the highest ranking in J.D. Power's Initial Quality Survey in the Entry Midsize Car category.

Drip, Drip, Drip - More 2010 Hyundai Sonata images find their way onto the interwebs — Autoblog

·
27,116 Posts
I dunno... I still think that styling is way too aggressive for a family car in North America...

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
i think it looks much better than the competition...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I think it looks great, reminds of the MB CLS. It might not do well with typical shoppers who buy Camry/Accord and Even Malibu (all are boring), but should do well with someone who wants something different. It's even somewhat reminiscent of the VW CC. I think Hyundai may have a winner on their hands.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I think it looks great, reminds of the MB CLS. It might not do well with typical shoppers who buy Camry/Accord and Even Malibu (all are boring), but should do well with someone who wants something different. It's even somewhat reminiscent of the VW CC. I think Hyundai may have a winner on their hands.
Yeah, it looks just like the CLS. Not really a bad thing, just lame to copy another maker's style.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If this is the sonata it looks to be the new Mazda 3. If hyundai can pull the kind of sales coup Mazda did with the first 3 that wold be huge.

·
27,116 Posts
More pics...

·
27,116 Posts
Let's play Who did Hyundai take that idea from??? :lol:

- The rear lights/trunk lid treatment remind me of the new Audi A4

- The interior is clearly Lexus

- The GPS screen and it's buttons is Infiniti

- HVAC route controls... Volvo

·
Registered