Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, is it true that everybody that install there spring gets those warning auto-headlight or you only get that warning from mechanics not installing shocks and springs incorrectly???

any good and reputable shops in socal that i don't have to worry about this warning light?? TIA

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
most mechanics dont kno about our sensor, so its base on luck if the shop puts the sensor back into place, but some may kno, the sensor is a easy fix though.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
the problem is that some mechanics loosen the sensor bolt even though they don't need to. then they put it back in the wrong position, which happens to be outside of the headlight adjustment range, which in turn gives us the warning light.

the sensor is easy to readjust, but if you don't want them to mess with it you should warn them ahead of time.

personally i got my install done at thewheelsupply. the mechanic knows what he's doing and he's done a few IS's

btw if you call them ask for sander..

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
irv_usc said:
the problem is that some mechanics loosen the sensor bolt even though they don't need to. then they put it back in the wrong position, which happens to be outside of the headlight adjustment range, which in turn gives us the warning light.

the sensor is easy to readjust, but if you don't want them to mess with it you should warn them ahead of time.

personally i got my install done at thewheelsupply. the mechanic knows what he's doing and he's done a few IS's

btw if you call them ask for sander..
alright....thanks

btw, you got a number for that place?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
another good shop is:
westend alignment
ask for darin, (310) 808-9233
didn't even need to touch the sensor
great job - several others have had great service from him
very busy though - need to schedule appointment
does a lot of racers

·
Registered
215 Posts
man, i just got my car dropped this afternoon and the auto-headlight warning came up :x . is there anything that i can do to fix that or i have to bring it back to the shop? :eek:

02 msm e-shift

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hellomoto said:
man, i just got my car dropped this afternoon and the auto-headlight warning came up :x . is there anything that i can do to fix that or i have to bring it back to the shop? :eek:

02 msm e-shift
check the sticky on top...

btw, westend alignment cost $350 for install and alignment!!! :eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
TK288 said:
hellomoto said:

02 msm e-shift
check the sticky on top...

btw, westend alignment cost $350 for install and alignment!!! :eek:
thank mang!

·
Registered
400 Posts
auto-level lights

ya...its a lever at the left rear of the car adjacent to the left rear wheel...check that and adjust it to the center...you should be fine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts