Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm sure that this is an idiotic question, but let it be known that I did check the stickies in the forum before asking, and doing a search was fruitless!!! 8)

What exactly is the difference between springs and coilovers? I'm assuming that the coilovers incorporate some other function because they're so much more expensive. If I were looking to do a simple 1.5" drop, would a set of Teins accomplish everything that I was looking to do? Would I need to add aftermarket shocks or would stock be fine?

Thanks in advance....

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
craniac24 said:
OK, I'm sure that this is an idiotic question, but let it be known that I did check the stickies in the forum before asking, and doing a search was fruitless!!! 8)

What exactly is the difference between springs and coilovers? I'm assuming that the coilovers incorporate some other function because they're so much more expensive. If I were looking to do a simple 1.5" drop, would a set of Teins accomplish everything that I was looking to do? Would I need to add aftermarket shocks or would stock be fine?

Thanks in advance....
coilovers allow for adjustable heights. if you just want to drop it to a certain height and leave it at that, then just a set of springs would do just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
irv_usc
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing