Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past month or so i've been debating on taking advantage of the .net store's hotchkis springs/sways deal. my issue is this: i purchased my '03 IS outright. I own it, and i'm planning on owning/driving it until the wheels fall off. so, will adding aftermarket suspension parts be detrimental to the overall lifespan of the car? i know i can always throw the stock parts back on, but this raises the question of whether or not changing the setup back to stock will adversely effect other suspension parts that have gotten used to aftermarket ride. the last lexus i drove is at 150,000 miles and still going strong, but it was never modded. I understand this is a matter of opinion, but there are some knowledgeable folks on this board and i'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
lowered car with really-really thick anti-sways will wear and tear faster....

if you do drop it....get aftermarket shocks also.....preferably adjustable to adjust to your liking...

the stock bushings will wear out faster......and a thick anti-sway will also cause some camber issues....causing you to spend more on tires...

your car will look better dropped. feel better with shock dampening adjusted to your liking, and hopefully handle better for those empty-parkinglot enjoyments. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.